full moon deer movement lull.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redear

Reaction score
Well things have slowed down here for deer movement with the moon getting full and the farmers cutting the soybeans but in the last few years Iv'e noticed real good activity in the cut bean and corn fields during mid december due to the winter rye grass they sometimes plant and it gets grown enough for them to eat. So I'm going through my equipment and fondling my one buck tag remaining.

I was trying to fill an archery tag yesterday afternoon/evening and saw no movement. I took my dogs out at 17:00 and there were at least 6 in the yard. I am hoping that the new weather front will provide some movement today.

Not sure if this will work but open and look at major movement times for my area, they have been very close for the last yrs using these.

Attachments

• Best_Times_Calendar_Rockville_Indiana_ 11_2020.pdf
    287.2 KB · Views: 28
yeah there is a cold front comming in so we will see. I always see the activity crank back up during December as they have to get out in the cut crop fields and find whatever scraps are left. And also the winter wheat that alot of farmers plant after harvesting soybeans. I shot my CVA Scout conversion sunday at 215 and 273 yds to make sure it was still on. Wasn't expecting to do much at 273 yds but I put the bullet right in there. I am continually amazed by these guns, having only been into the sml for a year now.

............. I shot my CVA Scout conversion sunday at 215 and 273 yds to make sure it was still on. Wasn't expecting to do much at 273 yds but I put the bullet right in there. I am continually amazed by these guns, having only been into the sml for a year now.

The difference in components between production, semi-custom/production and a full custom is what amazes me.

Now I'm not trying to indicate that production, semi-custom/production rifles are bad because they're not for those shooters/owners who's needs are fulfilled from using them, just ask any owner.

Just think of the struggles we or anyone with a custom rifle had been through prior, trying to obtain tight groups with some at distance. Heck one day you are happy with a 2" group and really happy with a 1" group. Then the custom shows........ LOL The owner now expects 1" or less groups every time out. The quality of the components, the expertise of the builders and creators really shows up now. Something unheard of with production rifles.

Imagine...... If you're shooting great now with a custom, how well could you have shot all these years with better and higher quality production components? LOL

Not sure if this will work but open and look at major movement times for my area, they have been very close for the last yrs using these.

Where did you get that calendar? I'm hunting is Southern IN near Salem. I would love to see what times they recommend. I'll probably be hunting all morning just the same. But it would be nice to see if it's recommended.

Where did you get that calendar? I'm hunting is Southern IN near Salem. I would love to see what times they recommend. I'll probably be hunting all morning just the same. But it would be nice to see if it's recommended.
I have several hunting apps that include the hunting/fishing times. Also my Garmin gps has them in it.

A hunt everyday for three and a half months I don't care what the moon phase,but I absolutely adjust how I hunt and what time of the day I hunt by that moon,my favorite moon is the end of the full moon phase when at 8:00 in the morning I can still see that moon setting.

Farmers Almanac has all the moon sign information in it. We use to for garden planting among other things. When to get a hair cut to when to casturate hogs.

Back