Fun with a Fake M1Carbine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonRC

Reaction score
Some time ago, at a gun show far, far away, I bought an "M1Carbine" stock that was cut to fit a Ruger 10/22. It was supposed to make the Ruger looking similar to an M1 Carbine. It was inexpensive and was an impulse buy because I did not have a Ruder 10/22.
The stock sat on the floor of my reloading room, unused for a few years.

I happened to see a lightly used 10/22 in my Local gun shop.  It didn't take long to make a deal.
Now, with the M1 Carbine and the lonely stock, I brought them together.
What do you think? Is a an acceptable variation compared to an original M1 Carbine?

m1_car12.jpg

Ron

Looks good to me and i actually carried a M1 Carbine back in the 60's at Ft Huachuca Arizona. Loved those light Carbines But started out with M1 Garand  when I first went in the Army.

My first military issue weapon was an M14.

The genuine M1 Carbine in the lower part of the photo has a barrel date of 1943 and is an Inland.

The stock of the Ruger 10/22 is polymer with a Lasermax sight. The stock and Lasermax now reside in the original box.
Ron

It didn't take much effort from me to fit the stock to the 10/22. A little sanding here and there for proper inletting and it was done.
Ron

My Ex father in law had a Inland best I remember it was a 44 . First time I got issued a M14  was when I got to Viet Nam in 65 .

I think it looks plenty good, Ron.  I had an MI carbine back in the 1960s but  never developed a relationship with it and let it go to a better home.

Back