G'day from Australia

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushfire

Reaction score
G'day all,
Name is jack and I'm from south east Australia.
I'm a born and bred hunter and beginning his year started up my own hunting outfitter business which at 23 I think makes me the youngest outfitter in the country. Had a great year to kick it all off with some great heads taken.

I grew up as a rifle hunter an a couple of years ago took up archery. Both are huge in Australia whereas muzzleloading is almost non existent. To be honest I can't think of anyone who owns a functioning one.

Because i love to try something different and challenge myself with something new I decided to get into muzzy hunting.
It's been a battle as most brands don't ship to australia so I've had to make do with what I can get.
I ordered my rifle last October and finally it's only a couple of weeks away!

What I've ordered is a:

TC bonecollector 50 cal that I'm going to run 300gn hornady FPBs through Alliant Black MZ powder.

I originally tried for Barnes but they won't import them same as BH209, Whitehots and trip7 so been extremely limited in what I can do.

Us shops like midwayUSA and cabelas also won't post cleaning gear such as breech plug grease and other cleaning agents to Australia which adds another dimension of hassle.

But we're slowly getting there and I can't wait to get into shooting my muzzy once I'm back from hunting tahr in NZ in June.

I'll be looking to this forum for some knowledge and a bit of advice and to follow the hunting you guys do. I love all your big game hunting and hope to visit a good mate of mine from Montana next year and to squeeze in a few days after a whitetail or muley. And always keen to meet a few like minded people and a bit if bs talking.

Happy hunting,

Jack
8yryrapy.jpg
vemurese.jpg
pe8upape.jpg
u5ajyseh.jpg

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Glad you could join us. Some pretty impressive animals ya got there!

You might send Carlos a PM or email. He works at Ed's Gun Shop and would know what can and can't be shipped out of the US to Australia. He is a great guy and offers the best prices around on ML gear and accessories. His forum name is MCGOWEN45.

Glad to have you and some very impressive deer.

Welcome to the Forum! Great to have you here. You will find lots of great guys and great info on this site. Thanks for the pictures, we like pictures here! :wink: :yeah:
There are lots of great info in the stickies of the New to Muzzleloading forum as well as the Inline forum. When you have questions ask away.

By the way Welcome to the great sport of Muzzleloading, and watch out it is addicting! :wink: 8)

Glad you found the place :!: :!: Great place to hang out, post pics, write a few hunting stories and enjoy this side of the big pond for a while.

Ray............. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back