Give your inlines some bling! Bolt Jeweling

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gle3105

If ur gonna be dumb, ya gotta be tough!
Supporting member
Reaction score
I have jeweled 1911 internals , centerfire bolts and lock plates w / internals. But I have found Skip at Baldwin Bolt Jeweling is faster. Both in the actual work and return shipping. Does a great job. Frees me up for other “must do’s”. I just recently had him to do : 700ml bolt and a couple of Knight disc bolt. Very reasonable in prices.
Easy to contact.
Really dresses them up IMO.
There is a plus to jeweling as well. Tiny swirl etching holds lubricant .
Give Skip a try.

Attachments

• A64B01C3-FD44-4586-AD70-DC9E8569506E.jpeg
    A64B01C3-FD44-4586-AD70-DC9E8569506E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 26063C08-6C1D-4B79-AC1A-F015D2CB4CBD.jpeg
    26063C08-6C1D-4B79-AC1A-F015D2CB4CBD.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 77E7C9F3-D827-4464-8E0A-81E6367651BC.jpeg
    77E7C9F3-D827-4464-8E0A-81E6367651BC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • BFF881E4-D801-4B82-91BD-0BEA21592368.jpeg
    BFF881E4-D801-4B82-91BD-0BEA21592368.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I have jeweled 1911 internals , centerfire bolts and lock plates w / internals. But I have found Skip at Baldwin Bolt Jeweling is faster. Both in the actual work and return shipping. Does a great job. Frees me up for other “must do’s”. I just recently had him to do : 700ml bolt and a couple of Knight disc bolt. Very reasonable in prices.
Easy to contact.
Give Skip a try.
The bolts look nice. The 700ml in the wood stock is sweet too

Easy to contact.
Give Skip a try.
Very nice work!

Last edited:
Hello all, Have any of you had problems with Mr. Baldwin?
I sent a Bolt back in April 2023 and after he said he received it i have had no word and he does not answer my emails. I fear my bolt is gone along with the $160. i sent with it. After doing some research i have found out he does not do most of the work, he farms it out to other craftsmen. If i had known that up front i would not have enlisted his services.

Thanks, Dave

I have used Skip for years and never had an issue. Have you tried calling him?

I’m having issues with a bolt handle attachment on a 700 ML’s . I can no longer recommend.
Due to less than honest replies I’m into legal remedy. Hopefully not a lawsuit.

Have sent a Certified USPS letter.
He has done gone good work for me before. Don’t know what has happened to him.
A man’s word is his worth. Something has gone awry.

I’m having issues with a bolt handle attachment on a 700 ML’s . I can no longer recommend.
Due to less than honest replies I’m into legal remedy. Hopefully not a lawsuit.

Have sent a Certified USPS letter.
He has done gone good work for me before. Don’t know what has happened to him.
A man’s word is his worth. Something has gone awry.
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been waiting?
myself, will be 3 months next week.
Dave

That jeweling is awesome looking and really sets off the wood stock! If I may ask how much does that cost to have done?

Easy to contact.
Give Skip a try.
JULY 14,2023. This is an update on Baldwin Bolt Jeweling.
I would not suggest anyone use this company for other than jeweling.
It took 5 months to have two bolt handles welded. Not to mention all of the communications during this time.
Concerned and frustrated about the whereabouts of my bolts,
I sent a certified letter. I included I was seeking remedy and wanted them returned.
I promptly received the bolts.
The welds must have been done by a first year vocational school welder IMO. I’m told they farm this work out.
I’ve had no issues though with their jeweling service.

Caveat Emptor.

Hello all, I received my Bolt back, and it is better than expected. Mr. Baldwin explained why it was late.
Dave

Attachments

• My Bolt Carbine.jpg
    My Bolt Carbine.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Back