GLASS BEDDING

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZITON

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm planning to get a SAVAGE 10-ML-II. i SAW A AD for professional glass bedding for the 10-ML-II $175.00. My question is would that really improve the performance of the rifle that much? IS it worth $175.00 to get it done or can one do it himself?
Thanks

ZITON said:
Hi All
I'm planning to get a SAVAGE 10-ML-II. i SAW A AD for professional glass bedding for the 10-ML-II $175.00. My question is would that really improve the performance of the rifle that much? IS it worth $175.00 to get it done or can one do it himself?
Thanks

I would shoot the Savage first, you might just be throwing your money away. :wink:

midway usa has a sale on the miles gilbert bedding kit for 11.99, I think it ends tonight though!

I am comsidering on bedding my ML10-II, but I have not shot it enough to make this decision. Bedding isn't difficult, just do some research and take your time. The price of $175.00 shocks me for this single shot action.

Actually I'm new to this forum. :D I've been shooting muzzleloaders for 30 years. How does glass bedding help?
Thanks

IMO it matters more on the tupperware stock than the laminated- but both may shoot well without the bedding- I have bedded one of mine and left the other one "close " to original- I say close because I tuned the piller posts and the seating in the original stock- make sure your recoil lug is obsorbing the recoil and not the action screws- this will effect accuracy bedded or not.. :wink: . Rick (Getonit)

I have both the tupperware mod 10ml-2 and a HB. The HB obviously has had a lot of work done on it and does shoot better on paper. This is in my beleif due to the glass bedding,3rd pillar and proper loads just to mention a few .The tupperware mod out of the box, and working up the right load for it shoots really well. Myself i would work up some loads and save my $175.00 and put it towards a new HB . (WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE)

bompa said:
I have both the tupperware mod 10ml-2 and a HB. The HB obviously has had a lot of work done on it and does shoot better on paper. This is in my beleif due to the glass bedding,3rd pillar and proper loads just to mention a few .The tupperware mod out of the box, and working up the right load for it shoots really well. Myself i would work up some loads and save my $175.00 and put it towards a new HB . (WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE)

Thanks bompa
Where did you get a HB and what's it cost.
Thanks ziton

Ziton- Just PM Randy Wakeman- hell give you the information.... Rick

Master Sgt. William C. Ball is serving in Iraq, and nothing will be so much as discussed much less decided upon until his tour of duty is over, and things get back to status quo.

That means about a year from now, maybe. Maybe not.

Back