Going Crazy New Knight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I bought an Ultra-Lite in March and still haven't shot it. It's driving me crazy. I can't seem to get a free day with decent weather. I have a little time tomorrow morning. May have to settle for the 50 yards I can get in the backyard.

My components are very limited. I have some BH209 and T7 FFG. I have Scorpian PT Gold 300's and Barnes 290's. Has anyone shot 110 grains of BH with either of the bullets in this setup? I don't have a chrnograph to get a velocity for ballistic charts.

Hopefully it all works OK. I suspect I might have issues with the mount. It is a 20 MOA and I'm about bottomed out on the scope while bore sighting. My fingers are crossed and we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
I really have a concern about the 20MOA mount also. Hope you are using a set low mount rings!

This might give you a thought about the velocity of a 300 grain bullet with a 110 of T7-2f.

300-GD110-T7-2f.jpg

These days I shoot 120 gr.V. of BH and T7

Lehigh458-300.jpg

Hope some pf this helps!

i have shot the harvester white lightning 300 gr out of my mountaineer using 70 gbw of bh209 shoots very well at 50 yards havent had a chance to shoot farther yet. all my holes were touching at 50 yrds shot very well

I bought an Ultra-Lite in March and still haven't shot it. It's driving me crazy. I can't seem to get a free day with decent weather. I have a little time tomorrow morning. May have to settle for the 50 yards I can get in the backyard.

My components are very limited. I have some BH209 and T7 FFG. I have Scorpian PT Gold 300's and Barnes 290's. Has anyone shot 110 grains of BH with either of the bullets in this setup? I don't have a chrnograph to get a velocity for ballistic charts.

Hopefully it all works OK. I suspect I might have issues with the mount. It is a 20 MOA and I'm about bottomed out on the scope while bore sighting. My fingers are crossed and we'll see how it goes.

At what distance? A 20moa mount "shouldn't" bottom out say at 100yds, unless the scope has little vertical adjustment. Examples....... A cheap Vortex Crossfire II that I have only has 50 total minutes of vertical adjustment. The Nightforce on my custom has 100moa of vertical adjustment.
I use a 40moa mount at this time.

Back