Going to buy a kibler…

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are a mess ! Talking of this rifle, it's more of a on the ground hunter. Unless you are 75 yds & under with prb .45 is going to come into borderline shot at some time. You know i love .45's but if it was to cover all aspects you run into the .54 is a great choice. It's all about the twist Kibler barrel has

I am rethinking from a.54 to .50 cal., being whitetails would be the biggest challenge for it? What do you all think about that? Ty
FWIW
.50 is probably the most dominate caliber in the market and most projectile availability. I am hoping to buy one of his WR but going with .54 as it will be a lighter gun overall. I can dial it in for deer and stoke it up for elk.

Done deal. Thanks everyone for the great input. I ordered the woods runner, in cherry, .54 cal., just as i had planned. Took quite a bit of brain fussing, but i also have a lyman trade in .54 percussion, that I really like. I just wanted another flinter for the get back to basic’s frontiersman feeling. Its just something inside of you that screams I Love muzzleloading the old fashion way….it is a better challenge.
Thank you all for your kind words, I thought about all the responses. The only other way was if to buy one in every caliber, wifer would not go for that, but heck you never know what a junkie is capable of. 😂

Done deal. Thanks everyone for the great input. I ordered the woods runner, in cherry, .54 cal., just as i had planned. Took quite a bit of brain fussing, but i also have a lyman trade in .54 percussion, that I really like. I just wanted another flinter for the get back to basic’s frontiersman feeling. Its just something inside of you that screams I Love muzzleloading the old fashion way….it is a better challenge.
Thank you all for your kind words, I thought about all the responses. The only other way was if to buy one in every caliber, wifer would not go for that, but heck you never know what a junkie is capable of. 😂
That’s awesome news brother. I hope you enjoy the hell out of it. Be sure to post pics when you get it

For the Kibler Woodsrunner you can't do better than the .54. But for a .45 the Kibler SMR can't be beat. I've killed deer at up to 75 yards with the .45 and have killed most of the deer I've taken with the .45. I never needed but that one first shot and none ran out of hearing or sight and I never lost one; plenty were DRT in fact. For lethal effect on deer I rate the .45 prb up there with the 30/30 & .35 Marlin; less range of course. But for the WR a .54 was the correct choice.

You are gonna love the Woodsrunner! My go-to gun for everything. Light, powerful and easy!

Latest posts

Back