Good day at the Range

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heelerau

Reaction score
Gents, yesterday I shot the offhand target for this site with Mike from Oz, a bit of wind, both with our flintlock long rifles, his Alamo and my early Lancaster light breeze. Have posted the targets off to Jonathan. 
      It was a good warm up for the class 1 event which is Rifled musket,50 yards off hand and 100 yards off the bench. Won the event with an 82 off hand and 89 off the bench. 
     I used the old PH Navy rifle which I have had since the age of 15. The one I am holding as my avatar. 2 1/2drams of Goex FFg with a the late Trevor Bugg Burton bullet, deep base, thick skirt.The flintlock event was a great warmup for the 50yds off hand !!   
    So full of brags today !!

cheers all 

Gordon

Yeah, i'd have done better throwing the damn round balls at the target.

I hate offhand shooting, it gives me the shits but for some gods unknown reason, its the thing to do.

GAH!!!!

*Throws hands up and stomps off*

:ss:

Mike, I found that out too.  It is a lot harder than it looks.  I was shooting so bad that I put the muzzy on a rest a couple of times to make sure that there wasn't anything wrong with the rifle.  Nothing wrong with the rifle....it was all me!  :cry:

My hats off to the good shooters on the forum!!   :bow:

Smokin' Joe said:
Mike, I found that out too.  It is a lot harder than it looks.  I was shooting so bad that I put the muzzy on a rest a couple of times to make sure that there wasn't anything wrong with the rifle.  Nothing wrong with the rifle....it was all me!  :cry:

My hats off to the good shooters on the forum!!   :bow:

I hear that Joe, it was my first time offhand with that particular rifle and I just couldn't seem to get comfortable with it and it was driving me nuts.

She'll be right though, i'll just build a bridge and get over it! ;)

Offhand shooting gets easier if you do it all the time. Well, not easier but you get better at it.

Back