good price for a MK85

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadball

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at a MK85 SS blk thumb hole stock with a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9 muzzleloader scope, the riffle looks clean like its never been shot, but I'm sure it has and the price is 289.00, now here in Washington state we can't use scopes but I wouldn't mind using it during modern season anyway does that sound like a good price

X2, if bore is great then yeah $289 is a fair price. You should always try to get them to come down some. $20, $50… something. Ask for the box or powder and primers or tools any extras that may sweeten the deal. Imho that Buckmaster scope has zero value. I dont think its a great scope just because it has the Nikon name on it, i believe its a low cost chinese scope. It also seems to me that MLs are a bit more expensive there in WA?

That is a MK85 Night Hawk...nice rifle and well worth that price if its clean. As mentioned the scope adds no real value. Its a cheap scope and Nikon will no longer warranty it. They stopped making and repairing scopes. Get a pair on nice steel bases (such as Warnes) and quick release rings to make cleanups easier.

its hard finding a peep sight for it I may have to put a weaver base and some kind of peep on that any body have to do that kind of set-up

Back