Good southern MN buck

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
I was sitting on the edge of the grove behind Grandmas house with my oldest daughter. Our stand is positioned at a natural funnel where the lake, woods, and corner of the field all meet. Walking to the stand well before sunrise every branch that hung into the field had a scrape underneath it. In the 400 or so yard walk along the field there must be a dozen of them. About 8:00 I was busy trying to keep my daughter warm as the wind was really whipping off the lake and it was cold. Rearranging the blanket and heater making her a little igloo. I looked up and there is this buck not full out running but at a pretty good pace cutting across the field. I told Belle to get up and look as I got ready. I did the best grunt I could to get him to stop before he hit the woods. He paused for a second and as I shot he bolted again. As the smoke cleared we saw him getting back up to his feet and stumble into the woods. We hurried out there and I went into the woods after him. Found him about 20 yards in and he brought his head up to try and takeoff again. A quick shot with the Ruger .44 and he was done. Later ranged the 1st shot and it was 115 yards. I know we all strive for the one shot drop but this one didn't go so perfect but we got him. Been many years since I had to shoot a deer twice. Im glad Belle was with me because she got to be part of the thrill why daddy loves hunting so much. Also this weekend my youngest brother (19) finally shot his first deer!

2015%201_zpszccwbqdd.jpg

2015%202_zpssmfuqdup.jpg

2015%203_zpsjrrj7zky.jpg

Wow that is a very very nice buck and great pictures. I bet your daughter smiled all the way back to the house. I wonder how many times she's told her hunting story already. Congratulations.

Congrads on they great buck. :applause: Way to go taking your daughter with you! Bet she will remember that for a life time. :yeah:

Congrats! That is a dandy! :yeah:
Nothing better than scoring with young kids with you. So much fun and memories. Great job! :mrgreen:

Congrats on a nice buck! Glad you got to share it with your daughter.

Congratulations on a succesful hunt and a great buck! :D Always nice to see parents having an opportunity to share hunting with their kids. :yeah:

Congrats on a fine hunt, buck & writeup! I know you loved having your daughter with you for the experience. :yeah:

Well I did the euro mount last saturday. Man that's alot of work but I think I'm getting better at it. Here he is now. Still need to build a display out of some old reclaimed redwood I have.

Fantastic player picture! My girl is 3 1/2. Just a few more years...

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet I've fished the lake before! Any pond over 6 feet deep between faribault and mankato I've tried at least once. Nice deer.

Latest posts

Back