Got me a tree cow!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPHunter

Reaction score
Well it was a good and bad year for my Colorado ML hunt. I saw 7 bulls and 5 cows. Opening morning, I had a cow broadside at 40-50 yds and had to pass because a bull was acting as her body guard! The bull moved but so did cow. :cry: After 6 more days and a few more encounters with bulls, I finally walk up on 4 cows, totally unaware of my presence and maybe 40-50 yds away. I take my time and wait for a perfect broadside shot and one of the cows complies. I put the bead in the middle of her chest, just beahind the shoulder and very gently squeeze the trigger. BOOM! Smoke clears and I can't see any sign of the elk, so I go ahead and reload. I take one step up the mountain and all hell breaks loose! They were still standing in the same spot, but hidden behind the trees. I pass on any second shots because I was sure I hit my cow. I go up to check and find a huge chunk missing from a small pine tree that was just forward of the cow's shoulder. I have no idea why I missed except that the bullet must have deflected on a branch or trig I couldn't see at the time of shot. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I had a few trees in my experience jump out infront of the shot too...

Sounded like an exciting elk hunt. To bad you did not connect.

Those tees or limbs always appear after the shot. :twisted: :twisted:

Chocdog

tree cow

How do you cook those? Them suckers os everywhere, they ought to have a season on those!

I don't know how to cook one, but I hear it goes well with humble pie.

My golfing buddies always tell me trees are 80% air. I can't seem to hit the other 20%.

Back