Got someone else into muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramitupurs84

Reaction score
Well it's my Dad. He only has a shotgun and it made for bird hunting. He always liked to hunt, but preferred to tag along with us in the stand then actually hunt himself. He's has a pretty good eye for it from the service. He shoots my brother H&R 20 ga. with crazy amounts of accuracy.

Well he asked me basically what I would by if I was going to purchase a ML. I said I liked the Omega's, the contender and the Triumph. I should him the quick videos on T/C website. LOL he said "I think I will go pick one up on Sunday." I told him how much they were, he said "AHhhh I need something....I can't keep using your guys stuff." He also likes the H&R's for slug guns so it's between those too. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Good choices?

The TC rifles mentioned are all great choices. Are you sure you looked at the Contender or was it the Encore on the TC Website?

Curtis

If all he wants is a muzzleloader then have him shoulder the Triumph or the Omega. Are you allowed scopes? A good scope on a Triumph and you have a 200 yard rifle. Some other good rifles are the Knight line of rifles.

We have no restrictions were I hunt. We can only use shotgun, muzzleloader and I believe pistol for deer season in my immediate area. Other then that and the obvious hunting regulations we free and clear. His biggest cocern is cleaning. He wants something he can pull the part and clean better then my Firehawk.

It's kind the thing we do after we shoot. We have a plastic table cloth we pull it out in the living room and watch the football games or something and make a couple hour job of it.

It don't get much easier than useing an encore. Easy to clean, easy to load. easy to prime and unprimeThey sometimes need a few tweeks to make them a tack driver. New trigger spring from Mike Bellm, Possible a new hing pin from Mike Bellm if its loose and maby piller bed the forarm or install a hanger system on . Last of all the QLA might have to be cut off if its not perfectly alligned to the bore. About the same stuff you need to do to any good centerfire rifle to tune it up. Then of course you need to experment or hand load for both to get the best out of them.Its a similar process. A labor of love , cause when you finish it will be your personal gun capable of wonderful accuracy
Wayles

I think he is taking in the bird gun to trade it....it's nothing too crazy for special. I see it in a case by the door.

Back