• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Great Plains hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Would really like to get one of these in a cap lock 50cal. Not wanting to pay collectors prices. Will be used for hunting so not worried about condition, as long as it has a decent bore.

Would really like to get one of these in a cap lock 50cal. Not wanting to pay collectors prices. Will be used for hunting so not worried about condition, as long as it has a decent bore.
50 cal all you are interested in or a 54 work also . GPH 1:32 only or GPR 1:60 acceptable ?

Last edited:
Excellent choice. I simply LOVE mine. It goes BANG!, meat in the freezer. Stupid accurate.

I don't know whether this will help but the Gun Works in Springfield Oregon has GPH barrels for sale. I'm not sure whether they have any rifles left. They might. They bought the last of the Lymans a few months back.

541-741-4118

Good Luck!

Walt

If you are just looking for a good 50 cal percussion sidelock for hunting, check out the Traditions Deerhunter, it is a good, straight shooting rifle, 1:48 twist, good hi viz iron sights, but actually drilled and tapped if you want to mount a scope. Wood stock version is also available but more expensive. At that price, you don’t feel bad when it gets knocked around.

If you are just looking for a good 50 cal percussion sidelock for hunting, check out the Traditions Deerhunter, it is a good, straight shooting rifle, 1:48 twist, good hi viz iron sights, but actually drilled and tapped if you want to mount a scope. Wood stock version is also available but more expensive. At that price, you don’t feel bad when it gets knocked around.
I am holding out for the GPR hunter.

Latest posts

Back