Great Site

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David

Reaction score
This is a great site, thanks for allowing me to be a part of it. I have had my Remington 700ML for about 7 years. I had never been too serious about hunting with a muzzleloader until last year. I didn?t have much luck last year. I hope this year will be a different story. I leased some land in Ohio and plan to use my muzzleloader for the entire gun season. This is my son?s first year with a muzzleloader. He?s 12 and I just bought him a Knight Wolverine youth model. Any suggestions on setting this up for him will be greatly appreciated. :D

Hey David! Welcome to the forum!

I have one of those Knight Wolverine 209 youth models myself! Slick little muzzleloader and packs a LOT of punch! 70-80gr of Triple Se7en and a 200gr .40cal XTP with a blue MMP sabot would be a hard-hitting low recoil load for your son!

Thanks big6x6. I was thinking about mounting a 2-7 Simmons scope on it. It's funny I always wanted a son to hunt with me, now I have two and I'm very lucky. But, the hobby I love so much cost me three times what it used to.

I was thinking about mounting a 2-7 Simmons scope on it.

I'd just be weary of eye relief and be sure that scope has plenty for your son...

Back