Grizz and i met for breakfast this morning.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
I just love fesh eggs over easy with Home fries. :lol: We decided after breakfast we would shoot his Knight Exteme a little. We put brand new warne bases on it and i brought a Nikon Omega Scope with Warne QR rings on it. Guess what else i brought? BH209 powder. :)

The morning went really well and i got a quick lesson on pistols that i know nothing about. I had pre-measured vials with 110grns of BH209 and 250grn SSt'S. We also used Harvester short black sabots and Federal 209A primers. We had no ignition problems at all today. I dont know what temps were but my hands were cold.

Here is 14 shots at 50yds with the new setup. This gun has potential dont worry. I wish i would of had some short black MMP'S with me.

Grizz002.jpg

I shot three shots at 100yds as well. The first shot i jerked and the next two were 3/4" apart. We also shot some 460grn connicals. They were pretty darn accurate at 50yds for sure. The MV was right at 1920fps with 110grns of BH209 and a 250grn SST.

Grouse

Looking pretty darn good...

Question? you mention you wish you had brought some MMP short blacks with you... Can you? or how difficult are they to get down that Disc Ex... I have tried MMP short blacks in my Disc Ex (it is one of the new limited run fluted GM Barrel models) and I would need a mallet to get them down the bore. I shoot HPH-24's - they go down very snug and evenly using two hands pushing.

The short harvester loaded to easy for me. I would rather use a short black mmp or even a HPH12. His bore is like most Knights. Loose :) Which was good when you had the fouling of 777. BH209 just burns very clean.

Good eggs, good friends, and good shootin'. Makes for a good time. I can tell you I am going to stock up on BH209. No swabbing, no fliers, and no fuss. The rings and bases are on the way buddy. I'm sold. The Warne QR rings and bases worked flawlessly. I can't wait to try her out on an early season propeller head. Those Colorado Elk better keep their distance too. My buddy Grouse has me pointed in the right direction now for sure. Thanks a million Tom, I appreciate it,Grizz.

realy great shooting ,the HORNADY SST .250 gr. are very accurate in my ENCORE also .great bullet for the range and on top not expensive.

Back