GRRW Hawken for sale at Track of the Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll help.

Hawken Rifle, .54 calibre, 32" GRRW barrel, R.E. Davis percussion lock, 
walnut, iron trim, used, by John Bergmann

$1949.00 listed

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/492/1/AAQ-722
eob4XR.jpg

Thanks, Randy

Mighty fine rifles, I can tell you first hand. I have one in 58 caliber (36" tapered barrel) built by Ron Paull back in the day. Without a doubt the most accurate muzzleloader I own and heavy enough it's a joy to shoot, even with the very stiff loads of 2f (140 grains) it prefers.

Anyone who can come up with the jingle ought to snap it up. So I won't be so tempted! :lol:

I found this posted on Facebook, Muzzleloaders Brotherhood Group. 

"My GRRWs Leman trade rifle 58cal. rd ball rifle..... kills like lighting ! I am blessed to have 2 of these 1 rt hand 1 left hand .... both great simple hunting rifles ... ! Been shootin stick loaders 51 years and thank God I can see my sights fine !" - Luke Vulgamott

Someone offered to buy his lefty. He said, "No."

xxhsci.jpg

I'm only 10 min from Track of the Wolf.  I could go over and "fondle it" a bit just to make you guys drool.   :twisted:  

Hey Brown Bear that a lot of "jingle".  I just cashed in my loose change and the bank gave me $32.00.  I'm only $1917 (plus Tax) short.   :D

Smokin' Joe said:
I'm only 10 min from Track of the Wolf.  I could go over and "fondle it" a bit just to make you guys drool.   :twisted:  

Hey Brown Bear that a lot of "jingle".  I just cashed in my loose change and the bank gave me $32.00.  I'm only $1917 (plus Tax) short.   :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe, you are killing me. I think the TOTW GRRW rifle has been sold. It is not on the site that I can see. 
Luke's GRRW was never for sale. He just showed me a pick of his other GRRW rifle. :D

I have a Neill Fields rifle (Fields worked at GRRW) with a GRRW barrel. Does that permit me membership to the GRRW club.
But, as Groucho Marx said: “I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member”. :D

Ron

I just bought a 58 and got an email from someone right here in town where I live that wanted to buy my GRRW 58cal and offered me more than I paid for it. I said no Im sorry I want to keep it. Al

A buddy came over and wanted to shoot my custom .40 and brought a can
of Pyrodex.
No one will ever find his body. :evil:

jeager106 said:

A buddy came over and wanted to shoot my custom .40 and brought a can
of Pyrodex.
No one will ever find his body. :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"No one will ever find his body" Priceless. I approve of the sentiment. I am anti-Pyrodex, myself. Nice gun, too.

Ron, I know you'd be welcome. Want an e-mail to get on the GRRW Collector's Association Newsletter? 
You would not have forgotten the Rendezvous in Roosevelt if you were getting those e-mails.

Colonel,
I am on the GRRW list (I think). Of course I am on many lists. :shock:  Perhaps I didn't sign up for the notifications when I was on the site.
Thanks,
Ron

Kentucky Colonel said:
I'll help.

Hawken Rifle, .54 calibre, 32" GRRW barrel, R.E. Davis percussion lock, 
walnut, iron trim, used, by John Bergmann

$1949.00 listed

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/492/1/AAQ-722

eob4XR.jpg

Thanks, Randy
Gun is not found on TOTW now, think I looked at this one before - had no stampings like GRRW used, that says "kit rifle". John did a nice job on the build and what TOTW asked for the gun was a little high but in line with GRRW CA Hawken's today with parts and labor increases over the last 40 years.

RonC said:
I have a Neill Fields rifle (Fields worked at GRRW) with a GRRW barrel. Does that permit me membership to the GRRW club.
But, as Groucho Marx said: “I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member”. :D

Ron
Ron I was corrected by Neill on the spelling of his name at the last get together its "Field" no "s". Really a nice guy, very laid back and soft spoken. The (10) GRRW smith's at the 2017 GRRW Rendezvous in Roosevelt have really toned down their attitudes as well as the tone of their voices, all were very nice, enjoyable to talk to and had more information about these guns that one could take in.

You should try and make the 2018 GRRW Rendezvous in Grand Junction on Sept 22, 2018. I'm working on lodging, a conference room for gun show, place to eat as well as tourist sites for the family.

I have the GRRW Rendezvous on my calendar. Thanks, Buck!

As for the spelling of Neill's name: thanks for the correct spelling of his name. I ain't no good speller. Maybee I will see Neel at the Randivoo.
Ron

RonC said:
.... Does that permit me membership to the GRRW club. :D

Ron
Ron here's the message sent out to everyone, no club just a gathering of folks that like fur trade guns. Here's how you can share the memories of GRRW and the guys that built them along with others like yourself with like interests.

We wanted to let you and your members know of a FREE newsletter available for folks like yourself with muzzle loading and black powder on your minds.

All it takes is contacting the editor Bob Allen at: [email protected] He will send you the current issue of his newsletter “The Green River Gazette”. Don’t forget to ask for the back issues of the Gazette, good reading about such guns as Leman and Hawken firearms like those built by GRRW back in the 70’s and 80’s.

How simple is that, no ads, no requests, no beg letter, just information on a freebie. You don’t get that very often in the muzzle loading field today.

I just thought of a new subject for us to kick around on gun finishes. Watch for it in a moment.

I believe that I am already on that list for the Gazette. All the recent gazettes are saved on my computer.
Photo of a gazette:

grants10.jpg

They are beautiful, Doc White has a head hanging in his office. When younger would have loved the experience of hunting them, now just like to look at live animals as their breeds go down in numbers each year. Now that's sad Ron.

Back