Guys with more then one muzzleloader.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sbuff said:
Busta he might be counting them all right now..

I have four but use my tc x7 mostly all hunting season.my whites are turning into safe queens but after i get my thunderbolt back from black ice I might use that .

Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 to all
Steve

I'm pretty sure he ran out of fingers and toes a long time ago? :wink:

TripleSe7en said:
I sold five a couple weeks ago and I'm down to three. That's where I plan on staying, unless someone manufactures a 1:66 inline someday.
I would like to find some one to put together a .54 1=66 to 1=80 twist for my Encore.

T7 and Lee,

If you can find one, Pedersoli made an inline back in the day with round ball twists. I believe that they are 1:66. However they seem to rare as hens teeth.

Prefer new and from CVA, Traditions, T/C, Remington or Knight.
About 16 years ago, I had a Rolling Block in a faster twist. Traded it in for my Omega at Cabelas about 12 years ago.

Busta said:
I thought we could bait cayuga into counting all them rifles and giving us a number, but nope. Well played! :wink:

He had a picture of a portion of one of his walls in a post a couple years ago. I was shocked, I tell you, shocked!

I have 3 Knights, all .50 cal with bare primer conversion, and a Redemption also a .50. Most of my hunting the last 6 years has been in W. Texas. I use my LRH in those blinds that offer shots longer than 150 yds and my Master Hunter for the 100 yard shots. My current load for all my hunting is 110 gr BH 209, Harvester 300 gr. PT Gold bullet, Federal 209A primer and Harvester's Black Crush Rib Sabot. This past weekend that combination accounted for a large aoudad, a WT cull buck, a fallow doe and a Corsican Ram. My decision early in the season to switch from the 300 gr Hornady SST to the Harvester has proven to be a good one.

pooldoc

Don't you find it ''boring'' to have four MLs that are all fed the same things?
When I had that many guns (and more), I had an assortment of inlines and sidelocks that ranged from 1:66 to 1:24.... some shot conicals and some shot sabots. Anywhere from 45 caliber to 58 caliber.

Variety was the reason I once owned many MLs. Now I own three and each has a load developed differently than the others. So in showing you no disrespect, what I might find as boring, you see it as pleasurable.

We are all different creatures, having different looks, wants and needs. Happy New Year.

I only have two left. I have a Super 91 in a .504 that is a safe queen, and I have a Ultimate Firearms Black Widow which is an all weather, all range, all season rifle here in Michigan. I cleaned everything else except my black guns out of the safe.

hahahaha.... safe queen.
I'll bet that one gets more TLC and pampering, than your Black Widow.

After thinking about it, having only one gun at the range would be a problem. Shooting time on the range is somewhat limited for most people, when you take enough guns so that the cooling time is long enough by shooting each gun in a set pattern you make the most of your shooting time. This also gives maximum results as far as group shooting is concerned .

It's beautiful fishhawk. Do you diaper it, to keep carbon from primers off that scope? Or is that a #11 or musket setup?

fishhawk2700 said:

Very nice Super 91, with the very rare brown laminate sock. Do you still have your Blacktail?

I have a few Whites myself. A .504 cal G-Series Whitetail, a .451 cal M-98 Elite, and a camo 12ga Thunder/Tominator.

Hard to believe those G&W Series rifles are over 20 years old already. Where does time go?

I don't shoot it very often, but when I do I use a liberal slathering of gun grease on all exposed surfaces.

As to the other question, no, it was a victim of the safe cleaning to buy the Ultimate. That Blacktail was unfired, and went to a MM forum member.

I have three in different calibers. My 50 cal. is set up for long range shots between 150 and 300 yds. My 45 is my moderate range gun and the 54 is for the swamps and when I want it dead and now.

Depends on if the freezer is empty. :wink: If so then I usually start with "Old Reliable", my Mk-95 50cal. If working with something new then in just depends on if I have shot it enough to have some confidents in the load. This year I used my MK-95 .54 as I had spent enough time that I was confident enough with it to shoot out to about 125 - 130 yards and that was going to most likely be my longest shots. Ended up only shooting 28 yards. :D

Latest posts

Back