Had a little luck this morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Temp out this am was 12. Legal shooting time was 6:36, the buck showed up at 6:50 so I didn't have time to get cold.
Heard something walking in the leaves to the left rear of my position and hoped it wasn't one of the dogs that had just crossed in front of my blind 10 minutes before. He came out of the timber to the left of my blind about 25 yds and headed across the field. I stuck my gun out of the front window and moved to the left. There was some brush I used for camo hanging in the way and when my barrel brushed against it the buck heard it and spooked a little and trotted out about fifty yards out, turned and looked back to see what made the noise. Big mistake. After the shot, he ran about 100 yds out into the field stopped and started staggering side to side then fell over. Drove the tactor right up to him for an easy recovery. Done for this year with two deer down. Now will have to work on the coyotes.

WOW! what an amazing buck. Congratulations.

What rifle, bullet and powder did you use?

I was using my Encore 50 cal SMI with 15 gr of vv110 and 35 gr of imr 4198 on top, 250 gr xtp in a black crushed rib Harvester. The deer ruff scored 145. I like his width. Running out of room in the one room my wife says I can have for a trophy room, so I will probably do just the antlers. Still have a Bobcat and a Javalina coming in the near future to go in there. Gota go cut up a deer this morning. :yeah:

:prayer:

AWESOME BUCK :!: :!: :!: Congrats :!: :!:

Ray........... :wink:

Nice European mount! Congrads!

Did you do it yourself?

Yes I did this myself with the boiling method. It's not to hard...just a little messy. I am doing 4 skulls a bear 2 javelinas and a bobcat right now with the mastication method and man is that a smelly nasty way to go.

Don

Beauty matw

I prefer meat in its original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back