Harvester Sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron S

Reaction score
Which Harvester sabot do you use in your ML10-II? Also they have one that has folds,or serations along the petals. Will this one work in the Savage? Ron :?:

In the top right hand corner. Make sure it say's 45cal 300grn or less bullet.
That is the new formulation sabots.

18e339cf.jpg

I've been having good luck with them as well. Some guns prefer one of the MMPs and sometimes the Harvester. Right now I'm having good luck with the Harvesters...

Can you send links where the new formulation Harvestor sabots can be purchased? Also I have seen references to the Harvestor "SS" sabot on this message board. Is the picture above the "SS" sabot?

Not sure if the ones in the pic. are the SS (short sabot). Ron

Ron S said:
Not sure if the ones in the pic. are the SS (short sabot). Ron

Yes they are. Short sabot for 300gr bullets or less... .50/.45 cal.

Mid-south Shooter's Supply Is a good place to order on the net. 50 pk.-$4.23. There is a $3 up charge for under min. orders.Min. is set at $20 or $25 I don't remember which. Shipping charges are Lower than most.

I've had excellent accuracy using the Harvester short sabot w/ 250 gr. SST's and also using the Harvester long sabot w/ 300 gr. SST's. MMP HPH 12's seem to be too tight a fit for my liking. Haven't tried any MMP HPH 24's yet. Don't really see the need to right now the way the Harvester's are performing! :yeah:

I have an ML11 barrel that seems more open, loose. The Harvestor sabots were too loose in my barrel and I had some squib loads with them and Barnes expander bullets with 4759 powder. My barrel needs MP-12's for best accruacy. Under 3/4 inch at 100 yards with TC 300 grain yellow tips and VV120 powder. In a tighter barrel the Harvestors may work quite well for others.

The sabots I think I should have said are MMP's, HPH-12's that work best for me in the newer harder formula in my particular barrel.

Tried the Harvester sabots (300gr bullet or less),with my SST's today. First I noticed that they went down the bore alot easier than the MMP-HPH 12's did. I shot them with the 250gr,SST and couldn't get the results I wanted with them. They shot fairly well though 1 1/2-2 1/2 inch groups@100yds. Changed back to the MMP's and it went right back to 1 inch or less @ 100yds. This was with 42 grs. N110,and a Fed209A primer. Deer season is comming in in 7 days,so I will stick with my best load so far, 42gr. N110,MMP HPH-12 sabot,250grSST,and Fed.209A primer. I wonder if the (the Harvester sabots) would perform better with a reduced powder charge? Any way I'm going to test them a little more after deer season,and see if I can get them up to power in my gun. Ron :D

RON S, That's really no surprise at all. They probably wont group in your gun now that you tried them. I new they would load easier and they did. My HB Savage doesnt like the Harvester sabots. My new Savage does. The best way to find out what your gun likes is to try different things. And that's what your doing. :)

Your Right Tom! :D That's half the fun of it :wall: ! I really didn't think they could improve on the group size,but what the heck! I'll try anything once(well almost anything). Ron

just picked some of these up today at gander mtn in kenosha, wi., the are the black serrated for .45 cal , but the package didnt spec any particular bullet weights. i hope the claim fo 50% easier loading is true[even 1/2 of that would be great] . my savage is hardest loading muzzleloader i've ever used relative to sabots[sure wouldnt want to try with my field rod] do any of you find the ease of loading claims to be realistic,or just advertising

The Harvester Sabots may be fine but I have been usin the MMP Sabots since day one with my Savages. I have ordered direct from MMP plus have used their product as supplied with Hornady & Barnes bullets. They are fairly easy to load & offer outstanding performance. MMP Customer Service is second to none ....if ever needed on exchanges plus you can talk to Mr. Del Ramsey (MMP Owner) himself if U have any technical questions (as to what sabot is best for a particular bullet)!

One Final Note... MMP is also a Sponsor supporting this fine Muzzleloading Board. :D :D

I've got some of those,but I think they are for Black Powder,or subs. I never tried them yet,but who knows? Let us know how they work out. Ron :D

oper2nyst said:
just picked some of these up today at gander mtn in kenosha, wi., the are the black serrated for .45 cal , but the package didnt spec any particular bullet weights. i hope the claim fo 50% easier loading is true[even 1/2 of that would be great] . my savage is hardest loading muzzleloader i've ever used relative to sabots[sure wouldnt want to try with my field rod] do any of you find the ease of loading claims to be realistic,or just advertising

They will be easier to load. No bullet weights specified i believe are the old formulation. Cant wait to hear your results.

Latest posts

Back