Smokeless Muzzleloader Build

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my method of headspacing bolt muzzleloaders without using a nut system. You can keep the shank at 1.25" diameter. A fixed length module plug is used which has a short carbide bushing in the rear.
We do this on Paramount conversions and Rem 700/Defiance Outcast and clones. There is a concealed shim ring which we make in a handful of size increments, seen in red. Nominal ring thickness is 1mm (.039) so it gives quite a bit of room in and out. We make .003, .004, .005, .031 and .039 rings which give plenty of flexibility to set head space and time fluting with zero gunsmithing or custom machining required.

Attachments

• CHS LUG 2.png
    CHS LUG 2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • CHS LUG.png
    CHS LUG.png
    253.2 KB · Views: 0
This is my method of headspacing bolt muzzleloaders without using a nut system. You can keep the shank at 1.25" diameter. A fixed length module plug is used which has a short carbide bushing in the rear.
We do this on Paramount conversions and Rem 700/Defiance Outcast and clones. There is a concealed shim ring which we make in a handful of size increments, seen in red. Nominal ring thickness is 1mm (.039) so it gives quite a bit of room in and out. We make .003, .004, .005, .031 and .039 rings which give plenty of flexibility to set head space and time fluting with zero gunsmithing or custom machining required.
Would that work with my small shank savage 7mm-08 donor?

Are you making/selling prefit barrels? I have a Howa 1500 in need of a .40 sml barrel.

Latest posts

Back