"harvesting"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braintanned

Reaction score
While it may sound better to anti-hunters,the term "harvesting" an animal has never set right with me- it may be a PC term,but it brings to my mind thoughts of fiing up a tractor and doing work.I liked it better when we took pride in the stealth and hunting ability involved and actually shot our food-of course,we still do this;but as soon as I read that the hunt ended with "harvesting" something,all the planning and effort gives way to thoughts of firing up the old tractor..."processing"vs butchering is the same deal-kill it and grill it I say.

PC attitudes can sometimes be extreme, there's no doubt about it, and I don't really care what an Anti thinks. You will never change their minds about hunting. Much like, they'll never change mine.

Unfortunately, the opinion I DO care about is the non-hunter who isn't against hunting or for it. If my comments do offend them, they may become an anti or vote anti. If I represent myself and our sport as something respectful, the non-hunter may stand up for us and not the Anti lobby.
If that means saying Harvest to a non-hunter...so be it. Amongst my hunting buddies.....kill it and grill it. JMO.

I agree with DeerNut...Your point is well taken and between you and me I know where your coming from.

I think it important when outside your circle of friends , that we fall somewhere between the NUGE and the special intrest groups.

As for me and my circle of friends.....they now how I ROLL!! 8) :lol:

well put. this raised a point I had not considered in regards to sounding offensive to someone that has not formed an opinion about hunting-

Latest posts

Back