Has anyone shot a Pro Hunter with BH209? Results??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make sure he is cleaning the carbon out from just past where the 209 sits it will plug up there.
all so if his sabot bullet combination is not tight enough to keep the 209 from moving the sabot bullet combo up the barrel it will do that. Lee

My buddy and I just went to the range for the first time with the BH209 today. We are both shooting our Pro Hunters with Nikon Omega scopes. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would post my 100 yard target. All I can say, is I will probably never shoot anything other than BH209, again.
I had a 2 inch stick on orange dot in the center of my range target and I shot a 3 shot group which was one ragged hole with no paper in between the shots. All the shots can fit into a 1 inch square, so I would say the group size is about 5/8" center to center. I shot 22 times with no hang fires and the sabot loaded the same from the 1st shot to the last with NO CRUD RING in the breech area. I love BH209 and I think I might just sell my other deer guns. Here is my set-up:

120 grains BH 209
Winchester W209 primer
Hornady SST 250 grain Low Drag sabots (red sabot)

I cleaned the barrel with Hoppie's #9 solvent first then dry patched and fired a primer. The first fouling shot was 2 inches low and then the next 3 shots made the one hole I stated above. I also tried the Harvester Crushed Rib Black sabots with the 250 grain SST bullet and my gun shot the red Low Drag Hornady sabots better. The Harvester had a little paper showing between the three holes, but the group was still MOA.

BH209 is the best thing to ever happen to a In-line Encore shooting sabots. My buddy was also very impressed shooting just a little larger groups than mine, with the same set-up. I think it was just the shooter :lol:

hoytman57

Thank you for your detailed report! :D I'm gonna get this, and the rest of the suggestions from Lee and Grouse to my friend asap :wink:

Thanks all :)

BH209 is by far the best i have ever shot out of any ML i have owned. I shot my Pro Hunter 30+ shots without swabbing & the sabots loaded just like the first 1 smooth & easy. My Pro Hunter liked 110grs. of BH209 & 250 gr. Hornady SST's low drags (red sabot). If some of you guys are thinking this stuff is to expensive just look at it this way you will save in the long run cause you wont have to buy all those cleaning products anymore cause you wont need all that stuff anymore if you are shooting BH209. This stuff rocks. 8)

Latest posts

Back