Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....

Has been real quiet with "Muley", "Bear Claw", "Pete", "Meathead", "Whats-his-name" leaving the house.   :roll:   No fights, pissin' and moanin', nothing. Even KC and Ron have settled down, you don't realize what a mess that old man could stir up....  :ss:

Re: Has been real quiet without "Whats-his-name" around....

Did he run off to be a mountain man?  I've been wondering about Pete.

Im sitting here trying to figure out what flinter to order :D

What makers are you thinking about ?  Uberti, Pedersoli have closer to what the guns of the period looked like.

Most of them need to have the frizzen reharden for fast ignition. TC always had that issue as did many of the other flintlocks built in other countries. When still in the muzzleloading business we would get these rifles and pistols in trade, pull the frizzen and send them to Bill Large to be rehardened, that corrected the problem. Doc White has an oven and can do the same as Large use to do.

FrontierGander said:
Did he run off to be a mountain man?  I've been wondering about Pete.   :roll:
I remember his post about dressing up and playing the part. I would have loved to have had the chance to make him eat his words by taking him on some of the long treks, horesback and hard camps we have done over the last 30 years. Have seen more in-the-know guys quit half way through some of these outings.

Believe it or not, i was looking at a traditions PA pellet rifle ultra light, but the store is out of stock. I'll just hold off for now. I wanted to write an article for the guys in PA that use flinters and conicals and other stuff, but that will have to wait.

HAHAHA! Horses alone kill the mood pretty damn quick. Had 6 of them at different times and its just a real mood killer. Hunting on foot or even ATV can be hard on you. Get back to camp in the dark and then have to tend to the horses.... No thank you! When we get back to camp, its cook dinner, straighten out the gear, refill back packs and go to bed.

I been wondering about ole Muley myself. Some guy woke up to find a bear locked 
in his car. I wondered if that was Pete. Then I saw it was in North Carolina. ;)

http://abcnews.go.com 

But, I miss him, too. He is as hard to ignore as taking a piss on an electric fence. :shock:

And, I've been posting- See Game Cam posts. I just calmed it down a little as I failed to get much 
of a rise out of anybody. Figured I might be wearing on some people's nerves by posting so much. :oops:

Plus, I have family visiting. I have these new game cams I want to get out in the woods and I can't shake free! 
It is bloody hot down here, too. Not much to report.

RonC might be traveling. He told me he would be. Sounded like a sweet trip, too. 
Glad he is more mobile.

PS. I am too young to need my frizzen re-hardened. :lol:

FrontierGander said:
Believe it or not, i was looking at a traditions PA pellet rifle ultra light, but the store is out of stock. I'll just hold off for now. I wanted to write an article for the guys in PA that use flinters and conicals and other stuff, but that will have to wait.

HAHAHA! Horses alone kill the mood pretty damn quick. Had 6 of them at different times and its just a real mood killer. Hunting on foot or even ATV can be hard on you. Get back to camp in the dark and then have to tend to the horses.... No thank you! When we get back to camp, its cook dinner, straighten out the gear, refill back packs and go to bed.
I have had as many as 10 horses at one time, the larger the number the more time is spent tending horses. With 2 horses you can cover a lot of ground, see lots of game, but like you say "at night once back in camp the horses come first".  When still near Estes Park I would go out to feed at night, take my belt off put it around one of the horses neck and climb on bare back and head up into the hills to look at sign.  That was an easy way to look for game without the blankets, saddle and head gear.

Now its easier to use the truck to a point then walk.

Kentucky Colonel said:
Want a bet ....

conner said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Want a bet ....
Nope. I am afraid I am unwilling to prove it in public to win the bet.  :blah:

I feel sorry for you older fellas with your limp frizzens. :clown: 
I am glad there is help out there for you. I imagine flying dead stick 
would be no fun. :lol::lol::lol:
:Hide:

Kentucky Colonel said:
conner said:
Kentucky Colonel said:
Want a bet ....
Nope. I am afraid I am unwilling to prove it in public to win the bet.  :blah:

What's wrong broken frizzen spring ... ??  :?:    :no:    :confused:

I feel sorry for you older fellas with your limp frizzens. :clown: 
I am glad there is help out there for you. I imagine flying dead stick 
would be no fun. :lol::lol::lol:
:Hide:

Today KC there are fix's for most issues, its just mechanical now, air bags, enlargements, what ever your need.  "Harder, Longer, Wider, Lasting Power" you name it its available even over the Internet. Your desires are their cup of pee (scratch tea) ment tea.

:affraid:    :bball:    :Wow:    :pete slap:

I am going to have to ask Connor to explain this business about limp frizzens to me. I am just so naïve. :oops: :D
My trip is at the end of the month. I haven't been very active on the site recently, but I will perk up my frizzen and tell about my shooting session with BigAl.
Ron

Hey
Jonathan give me your opinion of that Traditions Penn Rifle in 50 cal. I was just over on the big time forum where all the big boys hang out and reading about that rifle. Im wondering why that one over the pedersoli?  Al

RonC said:
I am going to have to ask Connor to explain this business about limp frizzens to me. I am just so naïve. :oops: :D

Maybe BigAl can do a 'one on one' and explain this.    :study:   :Shh:

Pete will never leave his chair or AC unit  :lol!:

FrontierGander said:
Pete will never leave his chair or AC unit  :lol!:
That's what I figured.   :hats off:

He may make it to a National Park if there isn't to many people, doesn't want any parking lot marks on his Jeep.  :Scucks:  :Bat:   :ss:

Might be safe enough to sign back in again.

All that talk about limp frizzens had me worried.  :lol:

Wrong on all counts buttholes. I've got my stuff together and gave it a test for a few days in the mountains already. I'm leaving for good now.

You haven't seen my Jeep or you wouldn't say that conner. It's beat to **** now. I sold the top and doors awhile back and will be running topless year around now. Just like I said I would. I used the money I got for the top and doors to buy camping gear.

So, go ahead and keep ragging on me. I won't see it anymore city wimps.

WAGH! He's been sitting in that ice cold apartment for the last week, hiding behind a screen with a logged off account I tell you! :Hide:

Never said I wasn't. I had too much stuff to buy to leave the internet right away. I checked in to see what you clowns were saying. Even if I didn't go to the mountains I wasn't going to post on this forum anymore.

Anyway, you won't see me posting anywhere from now on. I'm packing up now. So long make believe mountain man.

Hope you stay safe, Pete. Come back when you come in to shower or hide from winter. 
We'll be thinking of you even if you are running around through the woods "topless" with 
a limp frizzen and a dented jeep.

:lol!:

Latest posts

Back