hate reloading!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Getting all my stuff set up to reload for the 30-06 Apex. What a mess this stuff is and not mention a pain in the ass! Makes me like muzzle loading more and more

FG there is nothing hard about it. I have reloaded everything from 22 Hornet to 460 weatherby to 50 BMG, and is not hard at all. It is little time consuming, but once you everything prep it is a breeze.

.30-06...my all-time favorite centerfire hammer for deer.

I am getting setup to reload 10 gauge for turkeys and that has me scratching my head, but now rifles are second nature. Everything from 218 Bee to 300 Win Mag here. I love it, using a single stage classing Lee Turret Press and Lee Dies.

30-06...simple....grab some varget and 150 gr hornady sp and WLR primers....I prefer remington brass.

Takes only a few minutes to load a box of 20.

2 of my hunting parteners reload ..i don't because as long as i can get PREMIUM bullets i am satisfied ..reloading is a hobby that a lot of hunters enjoy ..we all have different hobbies to keep us occupied ...

Fg get you some acc 2700 powder or h4350 work up your load from start data watch for pressure signs when you get up to around a grain or 2 from max data you will have power and accuracy. ps I use mag primers with the 2700 ball powder its harder to light, but with that combo stay at least a 1 or 2 gains from max data due to the mag primer.

I love reloading! I am old school though- I use LEE CLASSIC LOADERS for my rifles (30-06, 30-30, and .308w) & pistols (9mm & 45acp) and a LEE LOADSALL for 12ga & 20ga. Also handload 12ga & 20ga steel.
As a matter of fact, I think I will go out and do some reloading so I will be ready to light up the range when I get over my current problem.

Man your old school for sure using those hammer deals. I just got done loading some 450 marlin and 500 mags I guess my shoulder will be sore latter today Im just waiting for things to warm up a little so I can go out and let the lead fly. :D

FG I have some for sale in 30-06 already loaded would save you the headache ............. 200+ might only last you a week or so but its a start!!!!! :shock:

nuprofessor do you load any shot gun slugs Im thinking of casting some and getting into it?

It is a labor of love - but worth it. It is a useful tool to tune a rifle to a specific load. It came in real handy when I dropped a 10 and a 5 pointer a few months ago with a 270 at 402 yards.

30-06 worst caliber ever :shock:

there isn't an animal in north America that cant be killed with a .270

What got me into reloading was a Winchester feather wt. in 325wsm and a BLR in 358win. I could not find any ammo or brass at the time for the 358 so I had to resize 308 brass to 358 and the price of the 325 ammo was high even when they first came out. I love handloading so much that I have my bench and all the stuff in my back bedroom. :bounce:

Latest posts

Back