HB Scope Choice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonys

Reaction score
I have a HB Savage and looking for a scope to put on it. I have narrowed it down to the Bushnell Elite 4200. I hunt in upstate NY where shots are rarely over 100 yds. Should I go with the 1.5-6 or the 2.5-10.
Thanks

Hard choice! 2.5 - 10 will do everything!!! But if you dont go past 100 dys, I might stick with the 1.5-6..

tonys said:
I have a HB Savage and looking for a scope to put on it. I have narrowed it down to the Bushnell Elite 4200. I hunt in upstate NY where shots are rarely over 100 yds. Should I go with the 1.5-6 or the 2.5-10.
Thanks

I have both scopes, and both are outstanding.

The 10X will help you more on paper than the 2.5 X will hurt you in the field.

While your pick would not be mine, it's totally a personel choice. Good luck with whatever you go with. But while your looking, take a look at a Zeiss Conquest 3.5 x 10-44mm. It has more constant eye relief, bigger objective and cost about the same. :)

I hunt the same general land in New York. I find I keep my scopes on at least 3x in most hunting situations including stalking. I also agree with Randy that you will like the higher magnification for testing loads and target shooting. I would definetely go with the 2.5-10x.

Here is my HB with a Conquest 3-9x40
hb2.jpg

dwhunter said:
But while your looking, take a look at a Zeiss Conquest 3.5 x 10-44mm. It has more constant eye relief, bigger objective and cost about the same. :)

Costs the same where?

Cheapest 3.5-10x44 Conquest I could find is 525$.

Cheapest Bushnell Elite 2.5-10 I could find is 399$

The does make the Bushnell a full 25% cheaper.

I have the 4x16 on mine HB....mainly because most of the stands i hunt i can shoot a LONG ways if needed. If i am hunting some swamps or thicker areas, i use my regular MLII with a smaller scope. Still afraid of getting a dreaded scratch on the HB . :wink:

jcchartboy said:
hb2.jpg
That's the same scope I have on my 10ML-II. 8) I like it for the constant 4" eye relief, excellent glass and the Z-Plex reticle that really stands out! A perfect scope for the Savage IMO! But to be honest, I have never owned a Bushnell Elite scope so I can't pass any judgement on them. :wink:

durham outdoor supply .com -2.5x10x40 elite 4200-$337.00 with free shipping.

PERSONALLY.....
I had ten times rather pay a little extra and have the Conquest than either of the Bushnells.

rangepics%20024.jpg

tonys said:
Thanks

Since it is already narrowed down-- go with the 2.5 x 10. :wink:

I was stuck with a similar porblem. My solution was to get a quick detachable mount and set up two scopes complete with rings. I used a 1.5x6 nikon monarch gold and a 4x12 leupold VXII. That way I have the best of both worlds for target and hunting.

Latest posts

Back