HB Scope Choice

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PERSONALLY.....
I had ten times rather pay a little extra and have the Conquest than either of the Bushnells.

That would not quite explain all the multiple Bushnell, Sightron, Weaver, and Simmons boxes. :huh?:

Geez...looks like my wife's shoe boxes! always buys a pair every month,rarely do you see them Ha!

Since it is already narrowed down

Well...I hope I've "un-narowed" it. Eye relief alone is reason enough

That would not quite explain all the multiple Bushnell, Sightron, Weaver, and Simmons boxes.

and Zeiss, Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Leupold et al.... Just goes to say "this ain't my first rodeo!"

I was stuck with a similar porblem. My solution was to get a quick detachable mount and set up two scopes complete with rings. I used a 1.5x6 nikon monarch gold and a 4x12 leupold VXII. That way I have the best of both worlds for target and hunting.

And you know...That is a REALLY great way to handle that situation! You also still have another back-up scope "just in case."

That VX-II is really a great scope isn't it?

Yes when traveling with the Savage I take the 4X12 along instead of a spare rifle. That way if I have a problem with the Nikon I can just put the presighted Leupold on and continue hunting or vice versa. It makes for a very flexible hunting rig. However I am also interested in trying a Kahles scope with the TDS system or a Leupold with the Boone and Crockett reticle system in place of the 4X12. Just one more tool in the arsenal.

I put a leu with the B&C reticle on my Rem 700 30-06, it is a dandy. Works right on the button to 300 yds, which is all the farther I have tried it so far.

big6x6 said:
Here is my HB with a Conquest 3-9x40

PERSONALLY.....
I had ten times rather pay a little extra and have the Conquest than either of the Bushnells.

rangepics%20024.jpg
[/quotPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And you know...That is a REALLY great way to handle that situation! You also still have another back-up scope "just in case."

Hey Chuck I'm guessing these are your back up scopes just in case. :yeah:

That is VERY funny Doohan...Randy! I almost fell out of my chair! :lol:

Ok...now that I've regained my composure....another consideration, since my club has antler restriction rules, I can't help but like a higher power scope to look him over better. And I'd rather be looking at him through a scope than binos. Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back