Hello from West Michigan

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pecos Bill

Reaction score
Dan here. Only 2nd year with a modern muzzle loader. 1st one broke in the middle of the hunt so bought a CVA Wolf. The Traditions Yukon stock broke. Traditions replaced it under warranty so I'm really good for the next season!! :D

:D :)

Glad you joined the group :!: Great place to kick off your shoes and pop open your favorite brewski and laugh, joke around, read members huntin' stories, see pics and yes there is a lot of free info given out just for the askin' :!:

Ray........ :wink:

BuckDoeHunter said:
Welcome! I used to live in Paw Paw. I shot my first deer in Michigan on HAP ground. Do they still have the Hunter Access Program?

That program started in 1977 !!! I don't take advantage of it though. I walked into the woods just before light and I swear, 15 hunters put aim on me. I turned around and left. I only hunt on my own land now.
Here is the latest information on that program:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/0 ... 4892_7.pdf

Wow! I never had that problem there but that was 13 years ago. I hunt alot of public ground here in Iowa and rarely see anyone during the early youth and bow seasons but it does get busy during shotgun season and then quiets down during the late season.

Welcome, Dan. There is a "ton" of knowledge on here and lots of good folks.

Enjoy!

BuckDoeHunter said:
Wow! I never had that problem there but that was 13 years ago. I hunt alot of public ground here in Iowa and rarely see anyone during the early youth and bow seasons but it does get busy during shotgun season and then quiets down during the late season.

Yeah, that was Yankee Springs which is south of Grand Rapids by Gun Lake. Won't ever go back there to try and hunt.

I don't blame you. Gun Lake. That brings back memories of when I was a flight instructor at WMU. I think that was one of the lakes we used to identify the northern edge of our practice area.

Have fun this summer with the muzzleloader and good luck to you next hunting season!

Latest posts

Back