HELP TC Pro Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracksphotos

Reaction score
Hi

I just purchased a new TC Pro Hunter and I was wondering what to start with for powder and bullets.

I am planning on hunting white tail in Iowa this year.

I am putting a Nikon Omega scope on this gun.

I wanted to shoot 150 grain of powder and a 300 grain bullet. Now what powder and what bullet?

I have an old knight wolverine 50 cal that I shoot 110 grain of pyrodex and a 265 grain sabot.

Hi Trackphotos,

I have the same rig that I purchased last year. I use 3 T7 pellets and the T7 primers. You could use loose powder in the same equivalent weight and should get the about same results. I use the 250-grain TC Shockwaves but using the 300-grain Shockwaves will produce almost the same trajectory for the BDC scope out to 250 yards. This would be a good starting place for you. I shot five deer in Missouri last year using the 250?s in my Pro-Hunter but in the past I had great success in my older Encore using the 300?s. Below is a Hornaday trajectory table between the two bullets I just mentioned. The TC Shockwaves and the Hornaday SST bullets are the same except for the sabot.

http://www.blackpowderbullets.com/horna ... llets.html

Good Luck

Curtis

Back