Help with a Navy Arms side slapper

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 23626

Reaction score
Just received a mystery mule ear by Navy Arms. I THINK it's a country boy 50 cal. 26" X 3/4" Pedersoli bbl. The whole thing weighs 3# !!!. Man what a punisher I would guess. Looks almost new ( go figger) Hook breech Case color sideplate. Bead front and elev adj rear sight ( like TC) Anyone know anything about this rifle ??.............Trader

Just received a mystery mule ear by Navy Arms. I THINK it's a country boy 50 cal. 26" X 3/4" Pedersoli bbl. The whole thing weighs 3# !!!. Man what a punisher I would guess. Looks almost new ( go figger) Hook breech Case color sideplate. Bead front and elev adj rear sight ( like TC) Anyone know anything about this rifle ??.............Trader
They were manufactured in the 1970’s by Pedersoli. Came in .36, .45 and .50. At one time I had all three of them. Good shooters and probably aimed at the youth market. They are rather delicate almost dainty looking and you’re right, the .50 and .45 could slap the shooters pretty good with bullet loads. I usually shot them with light round ball loads, with 50-60 grains of 3f. I’m not sure I remember why I let them go. Kids were out of the house and no grandkids yet? Ignorance? Found something else I needed to have?
At any rate, they were good shooters but the front sight was too tall and I replaced all three of them with shorter Williams fine bead sights.

Oh yes, one other thing. They had straight grained European Walnut stocks. A nice grade for such a utilitarian rifle.

7A547627-F189-4BC3-8372-6A64A576B87E.jpeg6B5C2905-0613-4649-86C6-9E4707743716.jpeg

Back