Henry Ball

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy

Reaction score
Has Henry started back making custom ml 10 II ??? I was on dougs message board and a number for Henry was posted. Just wondering if I could get my hands on a Henry Ball Savage. :?

snuffy said:
Has Henry started back making custom ml 10 II ???

No--- and no immediate plans to.

Super91 on this forum has has one since April that he hasn't pulled the trigger on yet. If you make him an offer he can't refuse, maybe he won't. :roll:

Kevin Rayhill, a gunsmith in Nebraska, can make a SS/Laminated 10-ML-2 along the same lines as HB. Essentially he beds it (very well - he is an accuracy gunsmith), and 3rd pillars it. He can do whatever else you'd want also(mercury recoil reducer, Sims pad, bead blast, recrown, restock with a variety of stocks, etc). His work is excellent. Possibly RW can have done or do the same.

SW said:
Possibly RW can have done or do the same.

Whoaa, no. I don't know what an "accuracy gunskith" is, but Henry patented the gun, designed his own tri-pillar system, and if it ain't Henry-- nobody is a' drilling into my actions. At 68 years of age, Henry has more experience than most riflesmiths-- and he does all the machining personally.

There would be no 10ML series except for Henry Ball . . . the concept is loyalty, in my case.

RandyWakeman said:
snuffy said:
Has Henry started back making custom ml 10 II ???

No--- and no immediate plans to.

Super91 on this forum has has one since April that he hasn't pulled the trigger on yet. If you make him an offer he can't refuse, maybe he won't. :roll:

Not a chance the Mr. Wakeman. I might not have found the time to shoot the danged thing, but I got plenty of things I have bought for the gun, and don't plan on letting this particular one out of my sight! If I wasn't so busy working on building Super 91's myself, I might have time to get out and do a little shooting!! But the HBLE is here to stay!

Oh well. :drinkers:

Naturally Super 91 does not indicate the rifle, but merely the number of unfired muzzleloaders residing in the Bountiful Bowers collection. Make that a double. :drinkers: :drinkers:

Kevin Rayhill, a gunsmith in Nebraska, can make a SS/Laminated 10-ML-2 along the same lines as HB. Essentially he beds it (very well - he is an accuracy gunsmith), and 3rd pillars it. He can do whatever else you'd want also(mercury recoil reducer, Sims pad, bead blast, recrown, restock with a variety of stocks, etc). His work is excellent.

Thanks for the info SW. I'm sure there are several out there that may need the services of an gunsmith familiar with the Savage 10ML-II.

I'm sure this is something I've missed.....but why has Henry quit doing the Limited Editions? You didn't hit the 1000 mark did ya?

er, wuz it 500?

Underclocked,Henry ball's son,Bill, was deployed to Iraq.Bill was the cog that greased the wheel in the production of the Henry Ball Limited Edition.Things are on hold until he returns.

Yes, it is a sad thing. Seems I have a whole closet full of "smokeless" muzzleloaders, and not one of them is "unsafe". :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess maybe one day I will be able to get out and shoot these metal tubes with a bit of wood attached......

Latest posts

Back