Hi all from pa

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gibble888

Reaction score
Been snakin around here for a while and decided to join...i have been flintlocking and inline hunting for about 20 years now and i like this forum...thanks for having me :)

Welcome to the forum. With that kind of experience you have we can pick your brain for how to make and use them flintlocks. I happen to like flintlock rifles also. The kind of grow on you.

:D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: You'll like it here I'm sure :yeah: I've grown partial to those side locks myself 8)

Ray.......... :wink:

As far as experience with my rock lock goes i have 2 tc hawkens one in 45 and one in 50 which are 1 in 48 twist. My 50 yard groups were one ragged hole with tc maxi hunter and 70gr for the 45 and 75 grain for the 50 all ffg. I am in the process now to start casting my own conicals as the price of muzzy bullets are a little spendy plus i want conicals for my ruger old army which i have to cast anyway. My experience with 1 in 48" twist is to keep grainage a little low especially on the 45...so once i get everything fired up i will have to reformulate anyway. I must say i perfer the 45 cal it seems to shoot more accurate and with more powder (up to 100gr) but is a little cruddy at 100

Latest posts

Back