New Member from Florida

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruizer

Reaction score
New member here from SW Florida, and soon to be South Carolina. I’ve been a lurker for some time now and decided to join. Lots of great info here, and I enjoy reading the reviews on various ML’s. There are not a lot of opportunities here in SW Florida for hunting with a ML, but will be in the market for one once we land in the greater Greenville SC area. I had a TC Omega, but sold it when we moved here 10 years ago. I like the looks and reviews of the CVA Optima and Accura. Looking forward to being a member here.

Welcome to the brotherhood

Every time I travel up thru Ocala to near Gainesville in horse country, I wish that’s where we had settled when we moved to Florida. Just beautiful country, and looks like there should be lots of deer and turkey. Never explored hunting up that way as it’s a 3+ hour drive from here.

Every time I travel up thru Ocala to near Gainesville in horse country, I wish that’s where we had settled when we moved to Florida. Just beautiful country, and looks like there should be lots of deer and turkey. Never explored hunting up that way as it’s a 3+ hour drive from here.
You should plan a trip up to enjoy the rivers and springs this summer

Here in Central Florida In my area have seen black bear, wild hogs, deer, wild turkeys, bobcats and TONS of gators specially over by Lake Jesup. We had a family of armadillos that decided to tunnel under the AC pad but we got them relocated.

Here in Central Florida In my area have seen black bear, wild hogs, deer, wild turkeys, bobcats and TONS of gators specially over by Lake Jesup. We had a family of armadillos that decided to tunnel under the AC pad but we got them relocated.
Strangely Ive only seen gators in the wild once or twice in my decades of stomping around. Rather Ive only seen them incidentally - if I want to see them (out of town visitors etc) then I know exactly where to go

Welcome! I’m fairly new here also and have received a ton of good info to my rookie questions. Seems like a friendly place and some really knowledgeable folks on here. Big plus is that they don’t down the new guys with minimal knowledge or skill. Everyone is helpful. Hope you enjoy it here.

Latest posts

Back