Hilarious ways to remove a stuck ball

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Freshly posted on facebook today!

A guy asked how he can remove a stuck ball out of his muzzle loader. He tried a ball puller with no luck.

Some of the funnier responses.

"Remove barrel, then take a block of wood and tap the barrel faceing down wards on the block of wood on the floor, it will cause the ball to move forward toward the muzzle"

"Pour coke or pepsi on top of ball and wait 30 minutes. Try again, it will pull right out. ( Coke very corrosive and will eat away at the lead) Clean thoroughly afterwards."

"Try firing a few caps (ONLY) then try ramrod"
----------------

Supposedly someone loaded the balls and then the powder which is why he's trying to get the ball out. This is on a Hawken style rifle and one of the easiest ways to remove it when the ball puller doesn't work is.......

I don't know enough about the rifle to know, but.....
Does it have a removable breech plug?

No wonder this country is on its way towards being a third-world nation with its population as stupid as these people.

in any case a lot harder with a flinter then a caplock.......especially in the middle of a muzzleloading biathlon..........I was ahead till then. :oops:

patocazador said:
No wonder this country is on its way towards being a third-world nation with its population as stupid as these people.
We already are we have a muslim in the white house married to a transvestite.

AT home I use compressed air.  Got to be sure the barrel is pointed in the right way as that ball scoots out pretty fast! 

In the field, I have a handy little hand held do dad with a CO2 cartridge in it.  It works, too.  Just stick it over the nipple and squeeze.

I may try the coke thing on round ball.  Weigh it before an after and see how much lead is gone in 10-minutes.  I'll post back later.

Back