Hornady FPB bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
Are being sold at my loacal wal-Mart now , just incase someone is looking for some .

txhunter58 said:
Called my wally world. No guns and no muzzy accessories........

Do they normally carry them ??
Our store just put out the muzzle-loader stuff yesterday .

UtahRob said:
Are being sold at my loacal wal-Mart now , just incase someone is looking for some .

Rob,

Can you tell us the price? I read someplace where someone got them for like $7 at Wally World, that is a heck of a deal, but might just be a Test Market Price. I paid almost $18 for the ones I got, but would love to buy a ton of them for $7, if i could find them.

Busta said:
UtahRob said:

Rob,

Can you tell us the price? I read someplace where someone got them for like $7 at Wally World, that is a heck of a deal, but might just be a Test Market Price. I paid almost $18 for the ones I got, but would love to buy a ton of them for $7, if i could find them.

I think it was around 15.00 dollors , next time i am in there i will double check the $$ .

Thanks, I figured they would be in that ballpark. They are good shooters! :wink:

Busta
Do you think 110 gr od BH209 will blow through the chest of a bull elk on a broad side shot? I am fairly sure they will open up at that speed. Lee

Lee 9 said:
Busta
Do you think 110 gr od BH209 will blow through the chest of a bull elk on a broad side shot? I am fairly sure they will open up at that speed. Lee

That is the $64,000 question. I am sure they will open up, maybe too much??? I hope Hornady did their homework with these bullets, but I haven't seen anything about game performance.

Like I said before, this would not be MY first choice for elk, but it would be far from the last. I just hope they perform better than the PowerBelt!

With 80 grains powder, they should do great on a frontal shot on an elk. I use the 348g AT with 80g pyrodex for elk, The hornady should be able to handle more powder due to the material it is made from.

Best way to find out is try it! Only way you will know for your self.

Back