How Dumb Do They Think I Am?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three months, 14 days til I turn in my "ball and chain"
Tech department: "Will you want to keep your number; transfer it to a new phone when you retire? You've had it for about 20 years..."
Me: "Nope; it's all yours!"

That's when I dropped mine. Did the same thing but now getting SPAM and marketing calls on our only(wife's cell) phone. Planning to get a new number to see if that helps reduce the unwanted calls

I have decided to be an ass about the robo calls. If you do not know how it works, it works like this. A bunch of numbers are dialed in sequence by the machine. When one is answered, a person jumps on the line to peddle their poop.
Since I have to fish the phone out of my pocket anyway, it might be the missus needing something, I answer the robo call, hang on the line until someone finally picks it up and starts talking, and hang up. Sometimes while they are on the line I talk to myself about there being no one on the line. The most enjoyable part is when they start yelling because they think I cannot hear them.

Three months, 14 days til I turn in my "ball and chain"
Tech department: "Will you want to keep your number; transfer it to a new phone when you retire? You've had it for about 20 years..."
Me: "Nope; it's all yours!"
Reminds me of fellow scientist who was being used as a phone tethered, scientific article producing, "slave " by his employer. He was told all his phone contacts, and all pictures and volumes of articles/books manuals and studies on his laptop were to be surrendered on retirement. Some how someone accidently knocked a big gulp mountain dew onto his desk when he was was not there and it sat for a week until he turned both in and left. After that all electronic equipment was constantly monitored and downloaded.

Back