How Likely Are You To Hit A Deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that a cardinal rule for driving anytime and anywhere is Pay Attention at all times! Driving requires concentration on driving. There is no time or place to "multitask" like driving while putting on makeup, using a phone, texting or even checking in the rear view mirror to see if that booger in your nose is visible.
Given that, I hit the deer at 30 mph. I always look out for deer particularly at dawn and dusk. This mule deer jumped out into the road so fast that I hit it before I could move from the accelerator to the brake. The trees go right up to abut the shoulder less, two-lane road.

There is another recommendation for driving in deer territory: if you see one deer at the side of the road, assume that there are others nearby that may not be visible.

We
How likely are you to hit a deer? Not very if, you slow down in heavy deer population areas, back off of the rear bumper of the car in front of you (it's called maintaining a reactionary gap) and put your blank, blank, blank phone down and pay attention. But what do I know I'm kinda new to all this with only 1.8 million miles on motorcycles, 2.4 million miles in a patrol car and who knows how many miles in my truck. Total deer contact, ZERO. And yes I do and have always lived in a so called high risk state.

Avoid rectal cranial inversion and avoid deer. It really is just that simple.
Well, that explains your user name😁😁😁😁. BTW: On I-70 or I-25 where deer, elk, antelope are populated, it's relly kind of difficult to slow down to a safe speed of say 25-35 mph...especially at night....just sayin'

We

Well, that explains your user name😁😁😁😁. BTW: On I-70 or I-25 where deer, elk, antelope are populated, it's relly kind of difficult to slow down to a safe speed of say 25-35 mph...especially at night....just sayin'

You certainly drive in I 70 or I 25 safely at 25 to 35 mph, just drive a really really big truck.🦌

Deer are pretty safe if I have a rifle in my hands; but a car.....so far I've been very careful.

I hope you can stand just one more. I also live @ 7,300'.. in S/C Wy..Our answer to the wildlife collision is Jacks bumpers in Craig CP1010011.JPGP1010015.JPGP1010014.JPGo for the two Dodges (both have been tested) And my effort on my trappin' huntin' 4runner.. Drive slower at night and don't even listen to the radio. My wife drives 40 mi round trip to work 5 days a week just at sunrise and right at dusk so a high risk here with a lot of agriculture and stream crossings along the way. Thanx for indulging my late post..out here

Visited Alaska a few years back , was intrigued by their signs

Attachments

• IMG_1473.JPG
    IMG_1473.JPG
    466.1 KB · Views: 0
A car hit a moose here in Maine a couple of days ago.

Here in Montana - deer collision in the state is 1 in 57 – the second-highest rate of deer collision in the country.

I've done my three right here near home so hopefully I'm out of the 1/77 for a bunch more years.

Back