Howdy from Oregon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Checking in as a new member.

Went out shooting Sunday, purchased a new gun today!

Longtime powder head.

When I was five my dad shattered his ankle in a work accident and wasn't able to work for close to 6 months.

My mom saw a TC Hawkins kit gun in the JC Penny's catalog, bought him a stool and built a bench in the garage for him to put it together.

That's where it began.

My dad was master welder, journeyman electrician and the crew that he worked with welded cannons, targets and got together once a month to test things out. Turkey shoots every holiday.

I've had that gun since I was 14 and its been my go to gun for hunting and just all out fun shooting.

I was picking up some caps prior to shooting Sunday and there they were. Pistols, and I thought, that would be fun. I left the store and we went shooting.

Which brings me to this morning. Online at the crack of dark at work, trying to get in the mood to work. Clicked on a link.

A CVA Optima V2 50cal. Pistol will be arriving Friday.

I'm sure I'll be asking some questions once it gets here.

I picked up some Whitehots to keep things simple for loading the first time out. Sabots are hard to find here and no one has Powerbelts. 209 primer caps for muzzleloader are easy to get locally.

Anyways that's it for now.

Case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. I never shot that Optima pistol. But I do have an Optima rifle and its a great shooter.

Welcome from central Indiana, glad to have you aboard.

:applause:
WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Glad you can join us.............

Ray............ :yeah:

Back