Howmuch harder does a muzzleloader kick with a composite

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Shot

Reaction score
Howmuch harder does a muzzleloader kick with a composite stock than with a laminated stock

It depends on if you are talking about a hollo synth. or a solid comp stock

weight being the factor here I can't tell any diff. between the comp. and the Lam. stock, but you can tell the Diff. between the holl. syn. and the Lam. or the comp.

It has a little more thump to it.

RON G.

I think its a hollow composite stock and my buddy dont like it do you know where he can get a aftermarket wood stock for it its a omega

recoil is relevent to powder charge and projectile as well. Also the way you address the rifle will determine the recoil. BUT a hollow based stock would be much more aggressive in recoil then any solid stock.

I have a .54 caliber with a hollow synthetic stock and when it was loaded strong would really kick you good. I toned it down by removing the butt plate and filling the stock with some lead. The increase in weight helped to calm the recoil.

A Simms Recoil pad may be an option too. Definitly cheaper.

Cajun said:
A Simms Recoil pad may be an option too. Definitly cheaper.

that's what i installed on my ENCORE with a synthetic stock ,best move i made so far ..100 % satisfaction :lol:

Latest posts

Back