I Am a Mountain Man

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentucky Colonel

Reaction score
I found this. Thought you might enjoy... 

I Am a Mountain Man
My mother was a badger, my father was a griz, I can out shoot, out fight, out cuss, and out drink any man. I have the fastest horse, the sharpest knife, and the finest rifle in the mountains. Hear my challenge echo in the valleys for any man of any nation to try to lift my top knot. I will fight to the death for my fight to be a free man, to trap the beaver and to hunt the elk, to drink from cool streams, and to sleep under the stars. I have no road to follow, I make my own. I have no man to answer to except myself. I fear no creature on God's green earth, for I am a Mountain man!
J. F. Ballard

\
LiGKCr.jpg

Bear Claw said:
Here's a test for you. What's a topknot?

Nobody answer for him.
  • Touji, a bun of hair on top of the head, worn by Chinese men from earliest times up to the end of the Ming Dynasty and still worn by Taoist priests and practitioners

couldn't help it he's a friend, even if he's in the far south.

Some guys just have to have the spotlight. Unfortunately, this time you're wrong.

This is mountain man talk. Not the dictionary.

When Bear Claw said to JJ..."watch your topknot". What did he mean?

Use to be a hell of a man but time and age has changed me.

Back then a Man had no Choice do it or die.

oneshot

Don't let that stop you. The only difference is we die easier now, but that's no reason to not try.

Bear Claw said:
I was talking about the way it was used in the first post hardhead.
The term "up yours twice on Sunday" comes to mind. Never mind its not Sunday "bird brain".  :joker:

WTF Jon? We aren't serious. It's two mountain men fooling around like the real ones did.

Isn't that obvious to everybody?

Its fooling around until someone takes it to far and gets butt hurt. I don't mind joking around but its been going on for a week now and spilling over into muzzleloading topics.

Well, he keeps posting jokes about me. I'm just responding.

I doubt either one of us will get butt hurt. We aren't that type.

Bear Claw said:
Well, he keeps posting jokes about me. I'm just responding.

I doubt either one of us will get butt hurt. We aren't that type.
Jon, I still like Mr. Bear Claw and like he said "we're playing around". He knows if I post something about him he'll come right back with a funny response. 

If we would make a mistake and make the other mad, there would be an apolagy soon following. Pete is a fun gentleman in my book, know he hates being referred to as being gentle....
....  sorry couldn't pass on that.  :2 cents:

Bear Claw said:
Don't let that stop you. The only difference is we die easier now, but that's no reason to not try.

Oh got a wife keep sayin you can no longer do this because you are old.

Went through the Trapping era of the early '70's made enough to buy our Farm. Was using some Traps from around 1900.

I almost died few years ago, was out of it and Doctor stayed up all night keeping me alive. Hey all was peaceful and calm. Could think of worse ways to go.

2009HOGHUNT007onscold_zps261b5fde.jpg

oneshot

Latest posts

Back