I bagged my first deer of the year today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was DOMyA fer sure. Full broadside hit at 55ish mph.

I'm really pretty lucky. That's only the third time I've hit a deer with a semi since I started 30 years ago.
That's some good luck and great driving to only hit 3! Back around 2005 I hit and killed 3 with my 98 Chevrolet Lumina! Had to replace 2 headlights, 1 quarter panel and a hood!🤬

That's some good luck and great driving to only hit 3! Back around 2005 I hit and killed 3 with my 98 Chevrolet Lumina! Had to replace 2 headlights, 1 quarter panel and a hood!🤬

I've never hit one, but I have had 2 commit suicide by my vehicle.

One was crossing the road ahead of me in the early morning darkness. I slowed down, kept an eye on her as she hopped across the right-side ditch. I steered into the left lane, and gently accelerated to go past her (while keeping an eye out for others following her).
The flop eared hussy ran back into the road ahead of me, across two lanes, and dived headfirst into my grill. That's why I laugh when people talk about how smart deer are..........

Here in Maine it is truly bad mojo to hit a moose. Deer, you would likely survive okay but a MOOSE???

Latest posts

Back