I finally got my black horn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funman

Reaction score
I have been in the sand box and could not find any black horn 209 locally before i had to leave. well i got back a couple days ago and was pleased to see bass pro shop had it. i grabbed the last two bottles (at 29.00) cant wait to try it thanks for all the reports on it.

Good luck. It's a great powder. What gun/load combination are you using it in?

im using it in a knight extreme with different hornady pistol bullets. i already have winchester 209w so im gonna see how they do. going shooting soon will let you know how i do

good luck with it. be sure to pop off a couple of primers before shooting and dont swab between shots.

very fine powder

Welcome home Dave! Everything on the Emerald Coast has been kind of quiet. Muzzleloader season is right around the corner!

Thank you for the welcome home, yeah iv already bought my hunting license and reservation pass. i did go out yesterday (on the reservation) just to try this powder out really quick. The first shot was a hang fire because i forgot to wipe the barrel dry from the oil, and i had too much grease on the breech plug. well i cleaned out the barrel and shot off some more caps then loaded it again and it fired nicley. i couldnt stay long so that was it. ill be going to the range this week and report my likings dislikings. cant wait till muzzie season.

Latest posts

Back