I can see you now...oh my

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't wait to get shooting again in May with my new "eyes".
I went to the optometrist a couple weeks ago and picked up my new glasses on Friday. Two pair in fact - one clear and one tinted.
Good grief. I knew my near vision was less than ideal and has been for several years. But once I got my new spectacles I didn't know how bad my distance was. My clarity is incredible now with compared to without them.

Good move on the glasses. You'll not be sorry.

I've worn prescribed readers for years but over the last couple of years the eye exams noted a slight change in my distance vision and a slight correction was made so I have had bi-focals now with each new pair of glasses and use them at the range a lot. I've always been far sighted and could read road signs and see deer a mile away and such is still the case, even with the minor correction, but now I can see both the iron sights and the target in focus. Sometimes people have no idea just how much their eyesight could be helped by simply getting the old peekers checked and getting glasses.

Prescription sunglasses (I like being able to see when I'm tying on a fresh hook), prescription night time/driving distance glasses that are *just* off from what I need for working on the computer. So then I have a pair of cheap drugstore readers for working on the 'puter.

Good move on the glasses. You'll not be sorry.

I've worn prescribed readers for years but over the last couple of years the eye exams noted a slight change in my distance vision and a slight correction was made so I have had bi-focals now with each new pair of glasses and use them at the range a lot. I've always been far sighted and could read road signs and see deer a mile away and such is still the case, even with the minor correction, but now I can see both the iron sights and the target in focus. Sometimes people have no idea just how much their eyesight could be helped by simply getting the old peekers checked and getting glasses.
Tom I'm like you. I thought I could see good at a distance but once I put on the new glasses I could make out more definition. Like branches at 50+ yards I could see but didn't know how fuzzy/blurred they were. I put the glasses on and could see the branches, twigs and even the buds! I couldn't believe it.

I can't wait to get shooting again in May with my new "eyes".
I went to the optometrist a couple weeks ago and picked up my new glasses on Friday. Two pair in fact - one clear and one tinted.
Good grief. I knew my near vision was less than ideal and has been for several years. But once I got my new spectacles I didn't know how bad my distance was. My clarity is incredible now with compared to without them.
That brings back memories. When ii was in the Marines I went in with 20/20 vision. A year later, they asked me to take an eye test because they wanted me to drive the colonel around if there wasn’t an available driver. Lo and behold working on tele/type machines and doing all that fine print reading my eyes got worse and I failed the test. So they gave me glasses. As soon as I put them on and looked outside I couldn’t believe what I was missing.😁

Tom I'm like you. I thought I could see good at a distance but once I put on the new glasses I could make out more definition. Like branches at 50+ yards I could see but didn't know how fuzzy/blurred they were. I put the glasses on and could see the branches, twigs and even the buds! I couldn't believe it.
Wow Bronko I just got my new glasses too! just like getting a new pair of eyeballs & I can see like a kid again ! Great for shooting & can hit what I'm aiming at.

With your new "eyes," you'll probably find that your aim and accuracy improve, and your overall enjoyment of the sport will increase. It's great that you got both clear and tinted lenses, too.

Just remember to take care of your new glasses, especially the tinted ones. They can scratch more easily, so make sure to store them in a protective case when you're not using them. And most importantly, enjoy your new crystal-clear view of the world—and your targets! 💪

With your new "eyes," you'll probably find that your aim and accuracy improve, and your overall enjoyment of the sport will increase. It's great that you got both clear and tinted lenses, too.

Just remember to take care of your new glasses, especially the tinted ones. They can scratch more easily, so make sure to store them in a protective case when you're not using them. And most importantly, enjoy your new crystal-clear view of the world—and your targets! 💪
Thank You !

So then I have a pair of cheap drugstore readers for working on the 'puter.
I found good readers for $1 a pair when the (only) local pharmacy went out of business. Bought about 20 pair and
use from 1.25X to 4.0X depending on what I'm reading or working on. Wish they came with adjustable zoom lenses.

Anybody know a way to
make iron sights and a distant target all visible at the same time? No glasses the target is clear. With glasses the sights are clear. One of the two is blurry all the time - same with a scope's reticle.

I found good readers for $1 a pair when the (only) local pharmacy went out of business. Bought about 20 pair and
use from 1.25X to 4.0X depending on what I'm reading or working on. Wish they came with adjustable zoom lenses.

Anybody know a way to
make iron sights and a distant target all visible at the same time? No glasses the target is clear. With glasses the sights are clear. One of the two is blurry all the time - same with a scope's reticle.

Put a set of irons next to the target and look at it with a 32x scope. Works fer me ;)

Bad eyesight creeps up very gradually over the years and probably is why we don't necessarily notice it.
For me it went from being able to read the weekly printed menu at a local place one week but not the next ...

Was at lunch with my "work wives" (my old position I worked with three ladies, all older than me by 10+ years) so I had an immediate selection of readers to try ...

Anybody know a way to
It might be you're time for prescription glasses ?

eeepFor me it went from being able to read the weekly printed menu at a local place one week but not the next ...

Was at lunch with my "work wives" (my old position I worked with three ladies, all older than me by 10+ years) so I had an immediate selection of readers to try ...
Maybe someone traded eye balls with you while you were sleeping. 😃 😃

Latest posts

Back