I find this to be absolutely amazing...........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be an up north thing because all the ones I have eaten from out west were fine. The larger ones were a little tough but frying them slowly and longer made them eatable.

I remember a relative that used to live up north Michigan told me that the snow shoes up there will eat cedar bark later on when the snow got deep. He said that changed the taste of them.
We have them in our backyard so I’ve eaten a bunch of hares over the years. Our cottontail rabbits are smaller and I don’t bother them much. The kids used to shoot them and they are good to eat, just small. One small game critter many people don’t know about eating is Rockchuck, Hoary Marmot to the wildlife biologists among us. They are FAT!!! But a young chuck eats almost nothin but sweet fresh grass and boy are they tasty! BBQ and enjoy! We just finished dinner and I’m drooling just thinking about it!

Through all my years with ML I have never been around a flint lock. I reckon that's partly due to the fact that in terms of ML, its all about hunting for this ole boy. Well, today I did a little surfing on youtube and ran across this. A fella squirrel hunting with a .32 Pedersoli flint lock. He claims the one kill shot on a squirrel was from 59 yards, and it was a head shot. If that is true, those things can really shoot well.

I hope it is not against the rules to post this. If so, Mods please delete thread.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...f4f6b298af97dead3f51ff0a7325c317&action=click
Through all my years with ML I have never been around a flint lock. I reckon that's partly due to the fact that in terms of ML, its all about hunting for this ole boy. Well, today I did a little surfing on youtube and ran across this. A fella squirrel hunting with a .32 Pedersoli flint lock. He claims the one kill shot on a squirrel was from 59 yards, and it was a head shot. If that is true, those things can really shoot well.

I hope it is not against the rules to post this. If so, Mods please delete thread.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...f4f6b298af97dead3f51ff0a7325c317&action=click

Attachments

• DSC_0100.JPG
    DSC_0100.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back