I hate cottonmouths

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They taste the same as any other snake, Hanshi doesn't know what he's missing .... :coffee:

Buck Being from South Texas I have eaten many snakes over the years and I have to agree they all taste the same . Deep fried with a little salt and pepper they are tasty. I will say I dont know about any non poison snake as I would never hurt or kill one of them for any reason.

The thing I liked about eating rattlers is that they are so thick and meaty. Skinny snakes are almost worthless as food for humans other than in a survival situation.

A little on the skinny side this time of year, temps up in 70's, so they were moving again. This was Tuesday at the camp.
20191228_140230001.jpeg

A little on the skinny side this time of year, temps up in 70's, so they were moving again. This was Tuesday at the camp.
View attachment 783
In my PA adventures I always had to look out for rattlesnakes and copperheads. That cottonmouth would raise the hairs in my neck.

In my PA adventures I always had to look out for rattlesnakes and copperheads. That cottonmouth would raise the hairs in my neck.

PA and surrounding states have lots of rattlesnakes and copperheads. CO and UT don't have the copperheads but have lots of the rattlesnakes (6' in some areas are common for size). Don't mind these snakes as they give them selves away with rattling or the rotten tomatoe smell. Cottonmouths are a whole different ball game ..... :rolleyes: o_O

Latest posts

Back