I hate snow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
So Ma and I stuffed some clothes in a duffle and went here....

rtABOBK.jpg

.....St. Thomas Island, not too far from Puerto Rico where we left on a cruise of the Saints.

Did a day over 6000 feet of pure blue water looking for Blue and White Marlin. We saw three chase the baits but no hook-ups. Relaxing on that fishing boat just made it ok to not have to fiddle with a fish. And the beer was icy cold.

Fun 8 days but today I woke up to reality and snow. lol

Beautiful view! Hang in there Tom is is supposed to hit almost 60 saturday! Snow should be melting fast.

I took my wheeler back to the woods saturday to fill up the deer feeder and thank goodness for the tires on that machine as those tires had to paddle like a boat through 2' of slush and snow. Its going to be messy before it dries up!

sorry to hear that, it was a balmy 55°f hear in southern Michigan. Shorts weather for sure. Snows all gone, lake ice is too thin to fish. Summer is HERE!

sorry to hear that, it was a balmy 55°f hear in southern Michigan. Shorts weather for sure. Snows all gone, lake ice is too thin to fish. Summer is HERE!
Well it may be summer down there, but how about sending some of it up here? There's still over a foot of snow, with 2"+ ice under that. Ice is still 20" thick on the lake.

I love those sandals but the semi-open tops let my darned feet burn in splotches. The socks kept the strapping from rubbing the burn raw.

We were going to go to Mexico but around November the grandson and his wife decided to collect on the cruise they received as a wedding present and wanted the family to join them. There were 11 of us in the tribe including a couple that are best friends with the newly-weds [2 1/2 years ago newly-weds]. Things were too fast paced with the younger set so Carole and I sort of opted to do things we missed on the last trip down there. Things were pretty relaxed for Ma and I but those younger people sure burned up the alcohol.

Stepping off that plane in San Juan wearing jeans and a flannel shirt was a shocker with the evening temp at around 83 degrees. Sure liked the jeans and flannel shirt when I stepped back into 20 degrees returning home though.

Carole and I did an Alaskan cruise a couple years ago and I discovered shrimp, crab and lobster at just about every meal in un-limited amounts. Ready chowed down on it. Two days from disembarking I got nailed with gout because of eating all that shell fish so this year I was on a more meager diet when it came to shrimp and lobster. I've been continuing to lose some weight over the winter and was surprised that I didn't gain any back on this trip.

It was a fun trip. I can never get over the blue water around those islands.

Back