I just found the most entertaining and enjoyable fly swatting tool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
For some reason my room, my bedroom got more than its fair share of flies for a moment I wondered if there was a rodent or something that had died in the crawlspace.

I was not happy about the fact. And I did not have a flyswatter handy. So necessity is the mother of improvisation. I thought I would half-cocked handle the situation. It was at that moment the solution became clear.

image.jpg

I present the highly effective Walther, PPQ flyswatter, airsoft gun. It’s just an airsoft gun, but man so much fun.

My room is now fly free. Thank you.

Today we had three more casualties in the war on flies. Their service for processing dead things and aiding in decomposition will not be forgotten.

In this war of attrition, half cocked is winning. There are rumors that his munitions depot still holds approximately 10,000 rounds.

You know I worry about the screens in my room like my TV and my computer monitor but it’s almost worth it because it’s like they’re getting hit with a 50 BMG.

I haven't taken a photo yet but I have a dbl barrel shotgun that fires those rubber "suction stick" darts. Up here house flies aren't a problem like they were in my native Georgia and a door left open pretty much is safe. BUT, every state I've ever lived in had "ladybug swarms" and I have no idea how they get in. Inside they die in a few days and I kill all I find. Those things can litter an entire room, get in light fixtures, land on you, drop into your dinner from??? Otherwise there's no insect or spider problem (Georgia has fire ants EVERYWHERE and spiders that will break you foot should one step on it, supposedly no venomous ones, unlike Ga and most that I see are tiny to the point of some being invisible.

Back in the 60s-70s, long hair was everywhere. I recall fellow junior high students pulling out a hair and pre-tie a slip noose at one end. They'd catch a fly and carefully/gently tie it around the neck and have a fly on a leash. Not that I've ever done that, ... never, never, never.

Some of us used to make small balsa airplanes. Then we would catch some flies and carefully glue them to the model airplane.then you could startle them and they would act as a motor and fly the plane. Some guys made twin and quad fly powered planes too.

https://airandspace.si.edu/stories/editorial/insect-power

O
For some reason my room, my bedroom got more than its fair share of flies for a moment I wondered if there was a rodent or something that had died in the crawlspace.

I was not happy about the fact. And I did not have a flyswatter handy. So necessity is the mother of improvisation. I thought I would half-cocked handle the situation. It was at that moment the solution became clear.

View attachment 35718

I present the highly effective Walther, PPQ flyswatter, airsoft gun. It’s just an airsoft gun, but man so much fun.

My room is now fly free. Thank you.
Nah u need one of these ammos practically free

Attachments

• salt-shotgun_400x333.jpg
    salt-shotgun_400x333.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 0
I liked those fly shooters that used salt to shoot the flies with. It was like using a shotgun. But indoors it would get messy with all of those salt granules all over. I would have to use the vacuum cleaner afterwards. But no holes in the walls or lamp shades or cracked glass panes etc.
I prefure my flies Unsalted.O.D.

Back