I need a recommendation for professional grade gunsmith screwdrivers (Didn't know where else to post this)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firewater Forge

Reaction score
I bought a cheap set of "Winchester" screwdrivers that are woefully lacking in quality. I usually adhere to the adage to "pay once and cry once", but not this time. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I have a Weaver set that does me well. I was given a Win set and your right about them. The Pachmeyers suck also.

I bought a cheap set of "Winchester" screwdrivers that are ,about $200.00 when I bought itwoefully lacking in quality. I usually adhere to the adage to "pay once and cry once", but not this time. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Brownells has a nice set , about $200.00 for the upgraded set when I bought mine (2-3 yrs ago)/Ed

Look at wihas. We use them at work and they are the nicest drivers I’ve ever used

Just checked..............

The Wheeler Engineering Gunsmithing 72 piece set is on Amazon for $46.17 with free shipping and delivered next Monday.

Looks like a fine set. At $170.00 per set it would be a hard sell on the wife.

I understand. Yes they have went up since I got mine, but I would not trade mine. Actually wanting to add a couple of the special bits for windage screws. Wheeler and some of those others were not available when I got mine. I have had mine something like 20 years too. It was the Master set when I got it. I think there is one above it now, probably the one eekjellander mentioned.

Forster makes some nice fixed screwdrivers. But the bit sets sure are nice because they fit in a tool box, aka range box.

Latest posts

Back