I need some help with a White super 91 .504 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cancled the order on the jim shocky powder, got the tipple 7 on the way now, thanks everyone, im going to kill my first elk with a muzzle loader this year, I have killed several with a bow and arrow, I cant belive I got drawn for a tag, pretty hard to come buy any more. I like this site and will let everyone know how it goes, from Reserve NM.

Im trying to find where I can get the dynamit noble primers (check spelling) not sure how to spell it. thanks agian

Dynamite Noble primers are sometimes called RWS 1075. They are getting hard to find. I bought two thousand of them last time I found. If you can not find them get some CCI MAGNUM #11 caps. Be careful, there are CCI standard caps also. If they fit too tight, get some Remington 40% hotter #11 caps.

Sabot Loader thank you so much for the help, got everything ordered waiting on the ups truck now, about a week or so I will be shooting. Then you all will get to see how it turns out. I am excited about shooting my first muzzle loader elk this year, shot one deer, few coyotes, and that is it. I have shot alot of elk with a bow an arrow so its going to be different to beable to reach out there and touch them, it will be like hunting with the yellow pages it will reach out accross america compared to my bow and arrow.
thank you all so much.

New mex
I shot several elk with a White, I use 460 bullshop with a wad (totw) and 115 grains of T7 (I would use more but lose accuracy) Rem. no 11 caps
RWS don't fit very well on my nipples :roll: Be sure that the bullets do not fall out of the barrel (yes they can and do).
Conicals are a 200 yard killer if you have a range finder. Sighted dead on at 118 yards they are 20" low at 200. Good Luck only a little over a month to go for me. I drew a bull tag for CO. ML season.
Redclub

Thank you redclub, sabotloader is helping me, im ordering the right sabot with a 300 gr nosler partition bullet, with a hot primer, I ordered it all and waiting on the ups truck now. im useing the triple 7 powder.
thanks for the help.

NewMexicoElk

The 460 Bull Shop certainly is and can be an elk getter. If I had to shoot a conical that would certainly be my choice.

Since I hunt with a ML during the regular rifle season here in Idaho, I can use a sabot. For this mission I choose the .458/300 grain Nosler Partition. The .458 (a 45-70 rifle bullet) has a slighly thicker copper jacket than the .452/300 grain Nosler Partition Pistol Bullet. The extra jacket strength makes it a natural for penetration through the thick hide of an elk. The internal hydrostatic damage caused in the chest cavity is a tramatic shock to the animal.

NewMex when you get your supplies give me a call, got a couple things for you to do before you go shoot.

Hopfully by the end of the week I will have all I need to go shooting and see how this gun and me are going to get along, I am thinking about ordering a scope for my super 91, Im leaning towards the vx1 leupold.
I will let you all know how it works out....

I went with a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm because of a recommendation of a very good friend who owns the store I purchased it at. For the kind of shooting in my neck of the woods (hardly ever 100 yards) this outfit works perfect. Good eye relief, clarity is excellent, and this is a tuff scope. I just dare a whitetail to get with in range of me... :D

I mounted the scope with Warne QD rings. These rings were endorsed by Underclocked. Best advise in a long time. Now 80% of my rifles have Warne QD rings and if they ever come on sale again, all of them will have them. I have taken that scope on and off probably a hundred times and it goes back to true zero.

NewMexicoElk

Just looked up some infor on the VX1... It is offered with a ballistic reticule, they call it a LR Duplex -so if you are liking the VX1 - I would suggest the LR reticule on a ML. Cayugad has always liked the 2x7 power on scope and I guess I use to but for me the 3x9 is more versitile... probably just my imagination.

As you already know I really prefer the Bushnell Elite on my ML's even replaced the VXIII on my Tikka with an Elite. It just has a couple of features I really like.

And that is what it really comes down to - get a scope you like and one you feel you can trust.

Just tried some RWS caps on my my model 97 breech plug... they are tight but with a capper they go on OK... It is when you go to take one off that it is really tight... But Doc tells me that you will not get the cap wet with that seal - so go ahead hunt in the rain and snow.

Are the #11 caps you have on hand #11 Mags? or are they standard #11's? You know you are going to have to dig all that stuff out of storage sooner or later,,,

sabotloader

LOL you are so right and today is the day I am going to get all my muzzle loading stuff organized somewhat, I have to get the scope figured out and I may lean towards the elite, not raining yet and its going to later on today, thank you for all the information
I will call you when I get ready to go shoot.

Anyone know anything about the Whites quick lever scope ring and bases w series-1 ? I just got every thing out of the storage shed and wanted to know if these are any good the price tag is still on the package 89.95 I have no idea about these, good or bad.
any info would be great...thanks

I got a scope ordered today, the Leupold ulitmate slam its new for 2008 anyone have or use one of these?

Back