I Probably Know More About The Place

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
I Probably Know More About The Place

An old Slave Owners Mansion I use to farm by when I was a young teenager went by yesterday they are now giving tours.

Like I told my wife bet they won't mention the Slave Barn that use to be across the road or the Keepers house that still stands in the brush.

Asked her if I should take the tour and tell them about the place. She told me to be good. LOL

oneshot

Re: I Probably Know More About The Place

I'd take the tour with my mouth shut, just to see what they're saying. If they seem like reasonable folks, track down their head historian afterward and ask if they'd like more information for their records and tours.  If they're worth their salt, they'll be all smiles and all over you.

The Slave Barn had Cells down where the Cows were milked, there was a flue for Cook and or Heating Stove down there.

Couple days before I took my present wife there someone set the Barn on fire.

The Barn was big enough in the top part we could put several thousand bales of Hay there on one side, pull a Combine in on the other side plus other Farm Equipment, plus drive a Large Straight Truck in between.

The Owners House was beautiful, had Large Fireplaces, had a Tower to go in looking towards the Slave Barn. The people there had Doberman Pinchers and Big Grey Morgan Horses.

The Keepers House was Big, had a Balcony to watch the Slave Barn.

oneshot

would you believe i saw only one black american before i went to the navy. their was none where i was raised. 1/2 our company was chicago black, they were nice guys. even at 17 years old i very hairy on my body. they called me the gorilla. 3 of them told me that they didnt know humans could be like me. we all had a good laugh. my wife calls me saquash.

Oh I never seen but one Black until I was in my 20's and it was a Black woman living with a Guy in middle of no where.

26 years ago I lived with a Black woman. I've had two Mixed Race Step Children for last 36 years. One time I was almost killed by 3 Skin Heads because of my Step Children.

Blacks moved out in that area after 3 Blacks was busted out of Jail, hung and burned in I believe 1906 but then it was a very racist town but at the time  I was married to a Sioux. Crazy Woman but she was fun.

oneshot

you have lived a life, you should write a book.

strong eagle said:
you have lived a life, you should write a book.
"The Trials and Tribulations of a Guy with only One Shot" ....   :Wow: :lol!:​

Like I told my wife I could die any time and be happy done did more than most.

oneshot

Heck one time my ex was mad at me because she thought I had been lying to her then found out from her Aunt that I wasn't.

My present wife said she didn't know if I was Homosexual, Cop, Druggy or what???

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
My present wife said she didn't know if I was Homosexual, Cop, Druggy or what???

oneshot
We have all been wondering the same thing....  :lol!:

You can find some of the darnest things out about different areas if you spend the time to look. 

Had a relative hung by Tories during the Rev War, then the community caught the Tories and hung them with their man parts hanging out of their mouths. They hung until the smell made the town folks take them down and bury them. Paoli Pennsylvania had as sign that read "Tories Wanted".

In Siglerville Pennsylvania there was a bronze sign that read "Don't let the Sun Set on your Black Ass" this was still there in 1965 before the NAACP got it taken down.

In Arvada Colorado, the main street runs south and north. On the right hand side of the road going out of town to the north was a bronze sign that read "Hackberry Hill", never thought anything about it. Then one day in the local paper they mentioned that Hackberry Hill had its 35 birthday. "So what" ... (the 35th birthday was when the last black man was hung in the state - 1943). That got the NAACP screaming in Denver, then the KKK locals got up in arms and went to "Five Points" a section in Denver that's all black, then the fun started for a few days.

In 1990's Russell Means and his troops (Native Americans) marched on Denver mad about Columbus Day and the whites coming to take their ground.

There have been so many issues over the years it wears you out, everybody has a problem ....   :Questuon: I really like this little guy, its like talking to Pete .....  :blah:

Back