I was strong. Today.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
God gives strength!
Saw a Remington Model 7, 7mm-08, in very nice shape and for a VERY reasonable price. I've always liked the M7, even though it's short of barrel for my taste.
Looked at it, fondled it a bit, and put it back.
Then, a 1980 Marlin M94 .44 Magnum. Deer power in a .22 weight rifle... Gave it a look, picked it up. Put it down.
I have two fine breechloaders. That SHOULD be, OUGHT to be, enough.
Honestly, me in a gunshop is like an alcoholic in a bar...

God gives strength!
Saw a Remington Model 7, 7mm-08, in very nice shape and for a VERY reasonable price. I've always liked the M7, even though it's short of barrel for my taste.
Then, a 1980 Marlin M94 .44 Magnum. Deer power in a .22 weight rifle... Gave it a look, picked it up. Put it down.

You passed up a Rem 7 in 7mm-08? 😳😳

I know the feeling.

I was starting to wonder if I was addicted. I am now in a firearm spending freeze.

Now if I can do the same for ammo deals I will be in good shape just this morning I saw a deal for 1000 rounds of 9mm. When its about as cheap as the primers and projectiles it is hard not to buy. I passed on the deal so it must be working.

The last rifle I almost bought I called an audible. I was going to go with the Crickett youth .22 wmr. Ended up changing that to the Rossi bolt action .22 wmr for the same price. It was a wise choice.

The rifle selection has gotten too silly to justify in any way. I have everything I need and more. If I really want something else I will have to sell something I already own to pay for it.

I’ve owned a bunch of guns over the years, and now when I see a new gun or one that catches my attention, I ask myself what niche it will fill or if I have a legitimate need. Most of the time the answer is no. I still buy a few for the cool factor, but I generally don’t hold on to them long after the new wears off.

God gives strength!
Have you been back yet? That M7 may still be there for you. It wants you as much as you want it. If it's still there, then chances are that higher forces are at play and you're meant to be together. Go ahead now. You know it's true...

I have to stay strong everytime I go to the FOR SALE secton on this danged forum.I am like a kid in a candy store when I go there.I guess no money is a good thing at times or I probably would have 12-15 muzzleloaders.

Back